Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 08:28 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
The people who say Trump botched the crisis response are the same people who were sure he colluded with Russians to steal an election and, when that failed, engaged in a quid pro quo with the Ukrainians to hurt Joe Biden. Both were poorly constructed intel operations. Leftists are driven to insanity by the failure of their every effort to damage and remove Trump from office. Each new failure seems to drive them further away from any measure of self-awareness and they continue to believe they are smarter than you Deplorables. Remember, they're right and you're wrong and you'd do well to fall in line with their educated, prescient, nuanced worldviews.
Even Dr. Fauci said more lives could have been saved had mitigation efforts started sooner. So most people aren't buying that Trump didn't have a bad response at the outset. Call them deplorables if you must. Name-calling isn't going to help his cause.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:29 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Who cares what Seth Meyers thinks about the President or the crisis in general?? And the response to this crisis has been exemplary, not bad. Remember, China dropped the ball (on purpose), not the U.S. .... Trump's done a great job, and I challenge any critic to just step in his shoes and try making the same decisions he's having to make. I think we'd all agree that this pandemic be over with and quickly forgotten.
The majority of people think Trump's response to this virus was less than exemplary, including his own Dr. Fauci.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:29 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
it doesn't matter. some bat shat on a wild animal and someone ate it, got sick and the race was ON
The latest theory is that some farmer harvested bat guano for fertilizer from a cave in China (the virus is found in the intestines of bats), got infected with the corona virus, went to town in Wuhan and spread the virus to the markets and everywhere else he visited. Who knows?

Old 04-13-2020, 08:33 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Ah yes, the botched response that has them continually revising the death toll estimate downward.

This isn't a winning talking point, Trump's response to the coronavirus was one of the top highlights of his first term. He had the opportunity to show he was the kind of fascist authoritarian type that he was always accused of being and instead proved the exact opposite.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:43 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yeah, somehow. Why don't you do some investigation? You might learn something about the science.

It takes a billion dollars and 18 months of testing to produce a new vaccine for a new disease, because first they need to figure out how to stop it, then how to manufacture it, then they need to perform testing to see if the vaccine works -- on animals then humans, then additional testing to make sure the vaccine doesn't have lethal side effects. &c. &c. Many of the vaccines currently being created for COVID-19 are probably not going to pan out.

In contrast, flu vaccine technology is well established.

So, just like chloroquine, a vaccine that hasn't been thoroughly ran through the gamut of time and red tape (as well as not being patented for profit).......

Is worse than dying from the disease?

Shouldn't the people who have it be the ones who decide that?

That's what Right to Try legislation is all about.

How many people are you willing to let die instead of try in order for the vaccine to follow protocol?

Old 04-13-2020, 08:45 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The latest theory is that some farmer harvested bat guano for fertilizer from a cave in China (the virus is found in the intestines of bats), got infected with the corona virus, went to town in Wuhan and spread the virus to the markets and everywhere else he visited. Who knows?
correctomundo. who knows? it's more chaotically rural there than even China wants to admit.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:48 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
I have gotten to where I truly dislike the Chinese Communist Party. Maybe I am a little late to the party and everyone else has had CCP derangement syndrome for a long time.
I know both my senator and my congressman. I am writing them both to express by disdain for the CCP and to encourage them to take all steps to sanction China and to decrease trade with them in all ways possible.
What they did was disgusting. What they are now trying to do is even worse; they are trying to blame America. Thank God Obama is not there to help them blame America.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:56 AM

33,328 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
why would we listen to comedians?

1. If your intent was to ignore, then why respond in this thread ?

2. It sounds as though you're afraid of watching Trump put a proverbial foot in his mouth in included video clips and Tweets....which he does ,

Old 04-13-2020, 09:01 AM

33,328 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Seth takes a closer look at the president and his allies trying to wish away the coronavirus pandemic and hoping everyone forgets that he botched the response to the crisis.

https://youtu.be/T1nlr2wEKj4

Thank you OP. That was hilarious, and will inform anyone previously unaware of the salient points.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:03 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Even Dr. Fauci said more lives could have been saved had mitigation efforts started sooner. So most people aren't buying that Trump didn't have a bad response at the outset. Call them deplorables if you must. Name-calling isn't going to help his cause.
I am a deplorable. And Fauci has also said that Trump acted as fast as possible with the information he had. People who say otherwise are just political hacks trying to damage what amounts to a wartime presidency. And it's shameful.

So I don't know who you think "most people" are, but I think you are sadly mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies