Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 09:25 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Who cares what Seth Meyers thinks about the President or the crisis in general?? And the response to this crisis has been exemplary, not bad. Remember, China dropped the ball (on purpose), not the U.S. .... Trump's done a great job, and I challenge any critic to just step in his shoes and try making the same decisions he's having to make. I think we'd all agree that this pandemic be over with and quickly forgotten.
People on CD didn't ask to be elected President.

Trump did, and he is the President.

See what Harry Truman said about the kitchen.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:25 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Who cares what Seth Meyers thinks about the President or the crisis in general?? And the response to this crisis has been exemplary, not bad. Remember, China dropped the ball (on purpose), not the U.S. .... Trump's done a great job, and I challenge any critic to just step in his shoes and try making the same decisions he's having to make. I think we'd all agree that this pandemic be over with and quickly forgotten.

If you believe this I have some Ocean front property in Kansas for sale at really cheap prices.

To properly manage a problem you first have to admit you have one. Almost anyone you can imagine could/would have done better.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:33 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
If you believe this I have some Ocean front property in Kansas for sale at really cheap prices.

To properly manage a problem you first have to admit you have one. Almost anyone you can imagine could/would have done better.
Like Biden, who would have said, "c'mon in, Chinese flights with infected people....I'm not xenophobic!"

Old 04-13-2020, 09:33 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. If your intent was to ignore, then why respond in this thread ?

2. It sounds as though you're afraid of watching Trump put a proverbial foot in his mouth in included video clips and Tweets....which he does ,
And the Left's new Super Hero, Biden hasn't put his "proverbial foot" when talking about this virus... Please.

Again, we'll see in November who America has more faith in.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:37 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,655 times
So... Trump tweeted this morning that it’s up to him, not governors, if states reopen business. Grumpy Trumpy Wumpers does NOT like hearing he isn’t the boss baby of everything! So since he’s the head of the party, I guess the GOP platform is now... anti-states rights? Interesting. Well, Trumps word is gospel so I’m eager to hear how Fox News argues that a sprawling Federal government with total control is what God intended.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:38 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
He compared it to the flu as late as March 26th.
So was he not recommending mitigation at that point? Why did he institute the ban regarding China at the end of January and why did he do the European flight ban early in March. He did these types of mitigation before many other countries.

Why is the death rate in Italy 329 per million, in Spain 374 per million, France 220 per million, Belgium 336 per million, United Kingdom 167 per million, Switzerland 130 per million, Sweden 92 per million and the US 67 per million? Did Trump not react quickly enough in those countries to?

Why is Japan's rate only 1 per million?
What early mitigation steps did they take? I know they closed schools early but what else?

Old 04-13-2020, 09:42 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It's a legitimate response. The libster criticizes Trump for not serving, while he was fine with Obama not serving. And I believe that Clinton was even worse - not only didn't he serve, but he was on foreign soil condemning America's military.

Can we spell.....HYPOCRISY?
Two points:

(1) Trump is president now.

(2) I didn't vote for either Clinton or Obama so I have no reason to either attack or defend their military records.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:42 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
At the time the task force was established, January 30th, President Trump signed a presidential proclamation, using his authority pursuant to Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, temporarily suspending the entry into the United States of foreign nationals.

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/s...52316211703809
Just for comparison purposes, South Korea already had a rapid detection test ready by January 24th. So... yeah. We responded, but next time it needs to be faster.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:48 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Thinking Trump botched the response is a matter of subjectivity and bias. If you have a post on these fora that parrot the failed intel operations I mentioned, then as far as I am concerned, you have zero credibility to me.

1. This thread isn't specifically about the failed intel operations you mentioned so 'thinking Rump botched this' isn't limited to that specifically.

2. Things that Trump could have done but didn't do are a matter of fact, but you're right, what constitutes 'botched' is a matter of opinion.

3. I don't care if I have any credibility with you.

Quote:
I bet I can find one from you RMESMH. What I bet I won't find is a mea culpa that you were wrong about any of it. You know why? Because you STILL DON'T BELIEVE YOU WERE.
Nope.

When I make a mistake, I admit it.

As an example, within the last 24 hours or so I thought I remembered one word from another member's post, and when I went back and looked at it, that word wasn't there, but two other words were in 'that spot' which made the post have a different meaning than I remembered. After noticing that I immediately did an ETA (edit to add) pointing out that I hadn't remembered that post correctly.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:49 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
I am a deplorable. And Fauci has also said that Trump acted as fast as possible with the information he had. People who say otherwise are just political hacks trying to damage what amounts to a wartime presidency. And it's shameful.

So I don't know who you think "most people" are, but I think you are sadly mistaken.
I guess I'm talking about these most people.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...irus-outbreak/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies