Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 02:07 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

https://www.axios.com/senate-intelig...71a0be544.html
"The Senate committee found "specific intelligence reporting to support the assessment that Putin and the Russian Government demonstrated a preference for candidate Trump," and that Putin "approved and directed" aspects of the interference."

Oh, and the Steele document? No, the intelligence agencies did not use it, the committee determined.

You can read the report yourself here. Warning... lots of redactions.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...t-Volume4.html

That is a GOP dominated committee in case anyone is not aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 02:25 PM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
I bet every country did.
America is selecting the leader of the free world every 4 years, so there is good reason for other countries to interfere.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:32 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
{shrug} Okay.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:38 PM

7,920 posts, read 3,462,774 times
They interfered with the elections Obama won as well. And Bush before him and Clinton before him and many elections before that. They're going to interfere with this one too, and the next.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I bet every country did.
America is selecting the leader of the free world every 4 years, so there is good reason for other countries to interfere.
Virtually no one outside of the USA considers the president "the leader of the free world" any longer. A goof, a clown, a narcissist, incompetent, a danger, not trustworthy are all words that closely align with most of the worlds's view of the current occupant of the Oval Office.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Virtually no one outside of the USA considers the president "the leader of the free world" any longer. A goof, a clown, a narcissist, incompetent, a danger, not trustworthy are all words that closely align with most of the worlds's view of the current occupant of the Oval Office.
You forgot to mention that he has turned off the spigot of free money.

The Russians want to cause general chaos. They interfered on both sides of the aisle.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:46 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Glad I searched first, was just getting ready to bump an old post.

So much going on in the world today, figured this news would probably go under the radar. Glad folks around here are aware.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...12245114294275

Old 04-21-2020, 02:48 PM

8,497 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Unanimous finding with all members of the Republican dominated Senate intelligence Committee voting that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump. As any sane person has always known, these actions by the Russian were never a hoax.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:54 PM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

They felt the same way about George Bush and you know why? We can blame the biased media that is serving as a propaganda arm of the Democrats.

I have inlaws in Ireland and they don't like Trump because all they ever hear is the bad news. They never hear anything positive until my wife fills them in and they say "I didn't know that".

Another inlaw that lives in NYC hates Trump with a passion but when pressed with the facts, she says " I don't care about the facts", she would be the perfect Democrat voter if she was a citizen...
My 9 year old niece doesn't like Trump because what she hears at school. I asked her why she doesn't like him and she said " I don't know".

I think there are a lot of people have fallen into that mold, they don't know why they don't like him but they have been brainwashed not to.

The Dems and their media are out to get Trump and they are doing a fine job of it.

Russia influencing the election? How?? All I needed to hear was Comey when he laid out the crimes that Hillary was accused of to enforce how crooked she was and how lousy she would be as President. Was Comey on Putins payroll?

I think most voters are much smarter than the Democrats think they are and they would not be easily swayed by a few negative Hillary Facebook posts..

Old 04-21-2020, 02:57 PM

17,793 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Welp, welcome to the "Deep State" Senate Intelligence Committee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies