Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 10:34 AM

19,629 posts, read 12,222,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Good grief. THINK! Please? For just a moment?

That was in a long stream-of-thoughts about laying in a hospital bed dying, and the "Right-to-Try" medicines that might help.

Not EVERYONE... Not all of us... Those who are sick. AND - It is also being tested as a preventative in those in very high contact, like medical people. That's also very hopeful. Not for everyone, for them... for now. Most people listening understand that. Those who don't... I don't know if it's a mental defect or if it's deliberate, but it's not helpful.
The left wing media is twisting it into that. He IS being optimistic and hopeful about these drugs as a treatment for the virus but not advising everyone should just take it. lol.
It is intentional on the part of the left who are using this virus as another weapon against Trump.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:36 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Why would an economist (Navarro) even be a "policymaker" with regard to the Coronavirus pandemic? Does he have some special medical expertise that's never been made public?
Why? Because Trump loves him some faux experts.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:39 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The problem with this is that Trump is getting input on economics from whack jobs like Navarro and Larry Kudblow. Do a little research on Kudblow's record as an economics analyst and forecaster and tell me if you would take his advice. Here's a little sample:

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on Tuesday sought to downplay the significance of the coronavirus outbreak, claiming that the virus had been contained in the U.S. and that the economic consequences would be limited.
“We have contained this. I won’t say [it’s] air-tight, but it’s pretty close to air-tight,” Kudlow, the National Economic Council director, said on CNBC’sThe Exchange," adding that while the virus was a “human tragedy,” it would not be an “economic tragedy.”--The Hill.
Their economic advice is worse than their medical advice, honest to god why is an economist weighing in on medical solutions.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:39 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
If President Stupid is promoting it, he probably stands to gain financially from it.
I don't know about his possible financial gain, which I assume will be zero, but it is surely another nail in the coffin for the 2020 election. Trump was a shoe in to be reelected, now with the Trump Drug having such amazing success, even the ignorant leftist are going to vote for him, the margin will be bigly.. Trump huge majority, pudding brain Biden, very darn few. There just can't be that many ignorant people left to vote for old Joe the demented pedophile.. Four more years of greatness.... MAGA

Old 04-06-2020, 10:41 AM

4,507 posts, read 1,863,256 times
Let’s just ban the drug for use on any registered Democrat. They don’t want it and orange man bad.

Seems like a simple solution to me, right?

Old 04-06-2020, 10:41 AM

14,481 posts, read 12,107,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The left wing media is twisting it into that. He IS being optimistic and hopeful about these drugs as a treatment for the virus but not advising everyone should just take it. lol.
It is intentional on the part of the left who are using this virus as another weapon against Trump.

I do think most people see it for what it is, even through the media spin. I can only hope.... Because it's despicable behavior in time of crisis, to be trying to create mistrust and disorder. I see good people who are seriously scared, and these media people are NOT HELPING by making them fear the president and the government is failing in their jobs and killing people, when they clearly aren't. I think we're going to see an upswing this week. I think we're winning this thing.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:44 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,567 times
The Leftists will tell you that it's her body and a woman has the right to choose what to do with it

except when it comes to choosing which medicine she can take

Old 04-06-2020, 10:44 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,315 times
A leader SHOULD be offering hope, in addition to everything else. I want to hear about the progress of treatments, vaccines, good news in addition to everything else.

A leader needs to look at the entire picture.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:45 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
The difference? Navarro is loyal to Trump and therefore loves America. Fauci is not loyal to Trump, is not his employee, and thus does not care, does not want America to keep Winning. Understand? This is politics.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:46 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
The Leftists will tell you that it's her body and a woman has the right to choose what to do with it

except when it comes to choosing which medicine she can take

lol you joking? If you want to listen to the orange reality TV star and kill yourself with a malaria drug, I'm not stopping you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies