Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 01:57 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Read thread title and my original post closer... I said American celebrities and politicians not included.
Most conservative celebrities are either going to be from country music or politicians. I don't think country music is super popular nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 01:59 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
I am not a conspiracy theorist who thinks that the virus is not what it is. It is every bit as serious as we have all heard (or seen) that it is.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended with my post. I do believe that there are forum members with friends or relatives who have contracted.

My post was simply to point out that there appears to be juuuust a bit of an ulterior motive with many celebs when they make public statements relating to COVID-19 diagnosis.
And pray tell, what "ulterior motive" might that be?

Old 04-06-2020, 02:03 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Most conservative celebrities are either going to be from country music or politicians. I don't think country music is super popular nowadays.

I honestly believe the number of conservative celebrities outside of country music and politics is much higher than it appears to be.

We just don't know who they are because they are in the closet for fear of being ostracized by their peers. Sad really.

Cancel culture in action.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
And pray tell, what "ulterior motive" might that be?
To fan the flames of fear and to insert themselves into things of course.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
You don' tthink country music is super popular? WHAT? It's as popular if not more -- lol.

There was a country singer who got sick and died -- Joe Diffie?
Ray Benson -- Asleep at the wheel band

Yeah not a whole lot of celebrities/artists that are conservative so smaller pool to choose from.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don' tthink country music is super popular? WHAT? It's as popular if not more -- lol.

There was a country singer who got sick and died -- Joe Diffie?
Ray Benson -- Asleep at the wheel band

Yeah not a whole lot of celebrities/artists that are conservative so smaller pool to choose from.

See post #36

Old 04-06-2020, 02:12 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
See post #36
So you are saying conservatives are afraid to stand up for their beliefs because they don't want to lose money.

Well that's some kind of principled behaviour.

And I guess that means that conservatives consumers aren't as plentiful as liberal consumers......

Old 04-06-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you are saying conservatives are afraid to stand up for their beliefs because they don't want to lose money.

Well that's some kind of principled behaviour.
Good point. Touche.

Maybe me thinking there are larger numbers is wishful thinking.

Conservative thinkers probably are not as attracted to theater and acting as liberal thinkers.

We're more into real life.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Only American celebs (politicians not included) I have heard proclaiming they have COVID-19 are liberals.

ie. Chris Cuomo, Tom Hanks, Pink, Andy Cohen, Kathy Griffin, Idris Elba, George Alagiah...

Thoughts? Kinda interesting. Most of them are quite vocal about it too.
Kathy Griffin’s symptoms were consistent with a stomach infection, not Covid-19. I am sure she appreciates being in your thoughts.

Just curious, does this thread serve a purpose?

Old 04-06-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Kathy Griffin’s symptoms were consistent with a stomach infection, not Covid-19. I am sure she appreciates being in your thoughts.

Just curious, does this thread serve a purpose?

Since when does a thread in the political forum need to "serve a purpose". Lol. Sounds so serious.

You're funny.

See post #21 (thanks AustinNerd) and #37 for the point of the thread.

Last edited by Texas Minded; 04-06-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies