Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 05:20 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Your comment is irrelevant.

Trump's lack of leadership skills is not caused by the criticism of him for a lack of leadership skills, nor his lack of moral fiber, nor his lack of integrity.
"Trump's lack of leadership skills" is in the minds of those with TS.

Even very LIBERAL governors are PRAISING and thanking him for the job he is dong in combating the virus, but, some ignore it because they just can't bring themselves to giving him 1 ounce of credit, their hate is so deep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 05:24 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
But he brought up Trump who is the President of the US. So, I asked if he had any specifics.

Nope. What upsets me is the juvenile manner which libs now use to keep from debating facts and issues. It bothers me because it never stops. It was one thing three years ago. But, it is just getting old.

I care because he is my President, is doing a good job and these continuous insults are counter productive. I am sick of people who appear to be rooting for the virus just so they can criticize Trump. He is America's President and he should be supported. I was in the military under Carter. Carter was a poor President; but I did my job, didn't publicly criticize his decisions and recognized him as the leader of our nation. Then I went to the voting booth and voted against him. But while he was in i respected his position and did my job 100%.

I didn't bring Trump into it, he did.
" I was in the military under Carter. Carter was a poor President; but I did my job, didn't publicly criticize his decisions and recognized him as the leader of our nation"

Many of us who served in 'Nam did the same when Johnson was in the oval office. I couldn't stand, I do NOT use "hate" as the left does toward anyone who dares disagrees with them, clinton but, again he was our president and I gave hm the respect due

Old 04-09-2020, 05:50 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
The Queen was just sending a message of hope, in the same way the Pope sends non-political messages of support, and others such as the Dalai Lama or Archbishop of Canterbury.

They are not politicians but can still make speeches in order to try and reassure people in difficult times.

I have no problem with Trump, indeed I fully support his WHO comments which were fair anough, however as already noted in this thread, Trump is a politician rather than clergy or monarchy, and is more akin to the likes of political figures such Boris Johnson, Emmanuel Macron or Angela Merkel.

Indeed each one of these leaders has had their gaffs and embarrassing moments, Johnson is constantly gaff prone, Merkel has let millions of migrants in to Germany and is not that popular any more, whilst there have been riots on the streets of France in terms of Macron, so Trump is not that bad in comparison with many political leaders.

It's also woth noting that Chinese leader Xi Jinping (Winnie-the-Pooh) has said very little and has hardly been a great leader.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-09-2020 at 06:00 AM..

Old 04-09-2020, 10:06 AM

1,138 posts, read 449,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I was in the military under Carter. Carter was a poor President; but I did my job, didn't publicly criticize his decisions and recognized him as the leader of our nation"

Many of us who served in 'Nam did the same when Johnson was in the oval office. I couldn't stand, I do NOT use "hate" as the left does toward anyone who dares disagrees with them, clinton but, again he was our president and I gave hm the respect due
I salute you for war time service. I was just after Vietnam and am not a combat veteran. Era yes, but combat no. I am proud of what I did, but obviously have massive respect for those who went overseas to fight. Again, I respect what you did.

My point is though, today people constantly trash our President, and I can not abide by that. He is the Commander in Chief, our top elected official and the figurehead of our great nation. Thus, like him or not, he is entitled to respect.

And, more so when a foreigner disrespects him, I take it as disrespect for our entire country. I don't run my mouth about Canada, and don't want to hear their opinions about our country. Canadians need to worry about their nation instead of the USA. Before anyone states we affect them, they affect us too.

Recently it looked like the conservatives might retake control, but due to their popular vote system, a few highly liberal areas voted Trudeau back in despite his lack of support in less populated areas like Sask. His actions affect us as much as Trump's affect them. I have my feelings about Trudeau, but I don't get on the internet and insult him or Canadians. They have their system, and it isn't my business.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:16 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
I salute you for war time service. I was just after Vietnam and am not a combat veteran. Era yes, but combat no. I am proud of what I did, but obviously have massive respect for those who went overseas to fight. Again, I respect what you did.

My point is though, today people constantly trash our President, and I can not abide by that. He is the Commander in Chief, our top elected official and the figurehead of our great nation. Thus, like him or not, he is entitled to respect.

And, more so when a foreigner disrespects him, I take it as disrespect for our entire country. I don't run my mouth about Canada, and don't want to hear their opinions about our country. Canadians need to worry about their nation instead of the USA. Before anyone states we affect them, they affect us too.

Recently it looked like the conservatives might retake control, but due to their popular vote system, a few highly liberal areas voted Trudeau back in despite his lack of support in less populated areas like Sask. His actions affect us as much as Trump's affect them. I have my feelings about Trudeau, but I don't get on the internet and insult him or Canadians. They have their system, and it isn't my business.
Respect is earned, not demanded because of the position one holds.

One can respect the POSITION of the office of the President, without having to respect the person who holds it. It happens all the time, both by the left and the right.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:19 AM

830 posts, read 486,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Did you hear any of Queen Elizabeth's speech?

She isn't constantly spewing opinions over the airways/internet, so when she speaks, people take notice. But more pertinently, she didn't claim to be smarter than experts, she didn't brag about her country or their systems being better than anyone else's, she didn't insult other people or other countries, she didn't make foolish claims or promises. She just spoke like a head of state to rally the people in a crisis.
Is she constantly lied about and insulted by people and the media?

Old 04-09-2020, 10:37 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Is she constantly lied about and insulted by people and the media?
She doesn't deserve to be because.... she isn't constantly telling lies.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:25 PM

1,138 posts, read 449,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

One can respect the POSITION of the office of the President, without having to respect the person who holds it. It happens all the time, both by the left and the right.
Yet that's not the tune liberals sang when obama was in. They claimed he was POTUS and demanded he be respected. A rodeo clown who had done the same act for years was fired for doing an obama impersonation, he was vilified in the media and branded a racist by liberal democrat politicians in Missouri.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...sense-of-humor

I am pretty much done discussing it with you. There is no place to go from here as we will never agree. Have a good life, and someday I hope you get to meet the queen.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:31 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:

Well stated but its a shame that those at the top can't act like adults.

Old 04-10-2020, 02:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Actually, NAFTA is the best thing that happened to Canada, the USA and Mexico. Want proof? Just look at the OVERALL growth in GDP and employment. Yes, some sectors went down in all of the three countries, but overall, everyone won.
NAFTA was a disaster for the US. Many Mexicans, who were farmers, lost their livelihoods and ended up coming illegally to the US. Not only that, many factories that relocated to Mexico ended up moving to China which caused even more illegal immigration into the US.

If all that is "winning" to you, then you have a very bizarre definition of "winning"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies