Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 05:54 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Hardcore leftists and atheists hate Christian churches across the board. Don't let them fool you into believing their disdain is only for "mega churches" like this thread suggests. If they had a chance they would wipe Christians off the map the same way every country surrounding Israel would do to Jews.
Stop playing the victim, are you upset that the world refuse to revolve around your faith and beliefs or the fact that people will openly share their distain with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 06:51 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Hardcore leftists and atheists hate Christian churches across the board. Don't let them fool you into believing their disdain is only for "mega churches" like this thread suggests. If they had a chance they would wipe Christians off the map the same way every country surrounding Israel would do to Jews.
As a Pagan I call B.S like someone else said you want to play the victim card and you enjoy using it. There are no problems with mom and pop churches it’s the mega churches that need to cough up some dough.

Old 04-08-2020, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
True in my case. I definitely hate all churches across the board. I wouldn’t wipe Christians off the map if I could, but I would wipe Christianity and every other religion off the map if I could.

So you at least pegged this Leftist Atheist right.

Old 04-08-2020, 03:44 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Heathen here. I don't hate all Christian churches. Just the ones run by right wing bigots and snake oil salesmen like Jerry Falwell Jr., Franklin Graham, Mike Huckabee, Jim Bakker (whatever happened to Tammy Faye?), Ralph Reed, Tony Perkins (wasn't he in Psycho?), Pat Robertson, Rodney Howard-Browne, Rick Wiles (a particularly nasty piece of work), Jonathan Shuttlesworth (another lunatic), Jimmy Swaggart, etc., etc. I could list dozens more but I'm tired of typing. I think I'll go have a shot and a beer.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:07 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Stop playing the victim, are you upset that the world refuse to revolve around your faith and beliefs or the fact that people will openly share their distain with it?
I just wish we could get religion out of government. Religious freedom is one of the building blocks of our society. However, certain types of Christians believe it's their "religious freedom" to force everyone to obey their rules and that any objection to that is "persecution." They believe that America is theirs and theirs alone and that everyone should know their place and stay there. I long for the day these types of Christians no longer dominate American society and politics.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:49 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Heathen here. I don't hate all Christian churches. Just the ones run by right wing bigots and snake oil salesmen like Jerry Falwell Jr., Franklin Graham, Mike Huckabee, Jim Bakker (whatever happened to Tammy Faye?), Ralph Reed, Tony Perkins (wasn't he in Psycho?), Pat Robertson, Rodney Howard-Browne, Rick Wiles (a particularly nasty piece of work), Jonathan Shuttlesworth (another lunatic), Jimmy Swaggart, etc., etc. I could list dozens more but I'm tired of typing. I think I'll go have a shot and a beer.
I give you credit for knowing the names of people I've never heard of.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:32 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I give you credit for knowing the names of people I've never heard of.
You've never heard of Jerry Falwell, Franklin Graham, or Mike Huckabee?

Old 04-08-2020, 07:41 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post

She died in 2007.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
I used to go to a very small community church that needed every dollar from the (optional) collection plate every Sunday. Were I in that situation now, I'd be sending them money.

Why can't parishioners continue to support their own Churches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies