Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 11:34 PM

13,641 posts, read 9,698,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Hopefully, people will remember what happens when you give governments too much power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Im seeing more people applauding, rationalizing and calling for more it. Disturbing.
The real "shutdown" isn't by tyrannical governments imposing their will, from the barrel of a gun, or a loudspeaker in the public square. The real shutdown is by a cowed and compliant citizenry, voluntarily declaring that no price is too high, to save any amount of lives.

We brought this upon ourselves. Don't blame Trump, and don't blame Pelosi. Don't blame Fauci and don't blame the WHO. For that matter, don't even blame China. Blame yourselves, America!

Old 04-08-2020, 12:51 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Another sneauflayke, and a bad father exploiting his daughter for attention. Park was closed, man/child chose to get defiant the disobey police. Then has internet tantrum yet it was his own fault he got his butt handcuffed in front of his daughter.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:56 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Park still open for “groups of no more than 4 persons” for “walking, hiking, biking, running and similar activities.”

Arrest was filmed by a city councilor.

https://www.infowars.com/social-dist...in-empty-park/

This kind of hysteria is not going to abate in fearful, leftyland, control freak blue cities and states for at least most of the year, and then only grudgingly and conditionally.
Just more evidence that liberals are insane.

Old 04-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Could have been a "racist" incident for the msm to exploit. If only..

Old 04-08-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Just more evidence that liberals are insane.
How is it insane to set some limits during a pandemic?

Old 04-08-2020, 01:11 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
I support social distancing and slowing the spread but FFS officers, show some common sense discretion.

Old 04-08-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Could have been a "racist" incident for the msm to exploit. If only..
But he used the "traumatized child" tactic but that alone not enough to really catch their attention.

Old 04-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I support social distancing and slowing the spread but FFS officers, show some common sense discretion.
They don't want a bunch of people gathering to play games or hang around in one spot. Even in groups under four people. They are open for "move along" activities like walking, jogging, bicycling... just like the beaches which have remained open. They are doing us a favor by not closing them completely so let's just use common sense and use them for those purposes.

Mr. Room Temp IQ here didn't seem to get this and became defiant with the police over it.

They will need to change some signs to be VERY specific for the stupid.

Old 04-08-2020, 01:20 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How is it insane to set some limits during a pandemic?
Easy, send them off with a warning but make the episode public to make folks aware that they need to stick to the 'letter of the law' in these situations (i.e. this is not a time to make your own judgement calls about what is ok and what is not). Done, no muss no fuss. The bigger mistake is to take the approach that _anything_ done in the name of 'containing the pandemic' is justifiable.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:14 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
It is well-known -- and, okay, maybe this is only opinion, but I have had at least a half-dozen personal acquaintances who would corroborate this -- that Denver cops have had a well-deserved reputation for being corrupt bullies for decades*, and I just hope that the corruption and bullying is not spreading to other communities in Colorado.

*For example, my mom was the administrative assistant to the police chief of a major California city until she retired, and she said that the Denver cops have such a bad reputation that in that city, a former Denver cop would not even be considered for a position in that police department, and I personally know about a half-dozen respectable and law-abiding citizens who were given bogus traffic tickets by Denver cops. And then, of course, there have many cases of obvious police brutality in which the cops weren't even given a reprimand. (And, btw, I am a great supporter of honest cops, of which there are many, even in Denver. I am just sorry that there are so many rotten ones that they give the others a bad name!)

P.S. Except for three years, I have been a Colorado resident since 1986, and since the Democrats have taken over, this state has become more and more crazy, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies