Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 08:38 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,369,236 times

Advertisements

Never overestimate the intelligence of the American public. When you think individuals can't get any more stupid, any more stupid, someone goes "Hold My Beer".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 08:41 PM

19,575 posts, read 22,447,054 times
Some people are just stupid.

And you can't fix stupid.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:06 AM

26,993 posts, read 13,240,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
Cellphone towers attacked as conspiracy theory connecting 5G and coronavirus gains steam

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...rs/2955557001/
There were a few towers burnt in Liverpool and Birmingham after David Icke made a social media video supposedly linking 5G to the coronavirus.

The David Icke video has now been taken down from social media.

Icke suggested that 5G was being used to weaken peoples immune system even though this was not physically possible and has stated that any new vaccine would include nanotechnology microchips which would be used to control the human race. Icke further stated that:“If you look at the situation and if 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it, it’s over.”

Here's where those 5G and coronavirus conspiracy theories came from -Full Fact

David Icke vs 5G: A poster boy for coronavirus misinformation - Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITV News

Icke made a number of claims including that a coronavirus vaccine, once developed, would include “nanotechnology microchips” which would allow humans to be controlled.

The former broadcaster added that the government lockdown was a “scam” and a way to control the behaviour of humans.

On the recent burning of 5G towers over false links to coronavirus, Icke said: “If you look at the situation and if 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it, it’s over.”

Facebook removes David Icke coronavirus-5G conspiracy video - ITV News

Coronavirus: Tech firms summoned over 'crackpot' 5G conspiracies - BBC News

Coronavirus: David Icke's 'lunatic conspiracy theory' interview investigated by Ofcom - Sky News

Coronavirus: YouTube tightens rules after David Icke 5G interview - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-12-2020 at 05:21 AM..

Old 04-12-2020, 05:28 AM

7,222 posts, read 4,500,050 times
The only reason I don't buy this theory is that 5 G would be affecting everyone not particular people. But anything that gets rid of 5 G is fine in my book. We have no idea the effects of it.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:15 AM

30,195 posts, read 23,603,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
There were a few towers burnt in Liverpool and Birmingham after David Icke made a social media video supposedly linking 5G to the coronavirus.

The David Icke video has now been taken down from social media.

Icke suggested that 5G was being used to weaken peoples immune system even though this was not physically possible and has stated that any new vaccine would include nanotechnology microchips which would be used to control the human race. Icke further stated that:“If you look at the situation and if 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it, it’s over.”

Here's where those 5G and coronavirus conspiracy theories came from -Full Fact

David Icke vs 5G: A poster boy for coronavirus misinformation - Metro

Coronavirus: Tech firms summoned over 'crackpot' 5G conspiracies - BBC News

Coronavirus: David Icke's 'lunatic conspiracy theory' interview investigated by Ofcom - Sky News

Coronavirus: YouTube tightens rules after David Icke 5G interview - BBC News

There it is, I was trying to remember that name. Yes, David Icke. He was on London Out Loud or London something, in a really long video talking about corona virus.

He first talked about the "inventor" of the test that is being used. Said that person told people not to use it to detect a virus, it was solely for DNA. The problem is, I stopped the video right there and started researching the guy. According to some papers, he wasn't that great of a scientist, got by because of people he knew, got the job where he was working at the time by people that he knew, and he was driving down the road when he thought, "Why can't I make multiples of" whatever the hell, but could not recreate his theory in the lab. However, other scientists could, and they were shocked that it worked. And this dude won a Nobel Peace Prize for it...I seriously can't even remember his name right now.

But, in many articles I read about him, it doesn't seem like he had the respect of the community because he was a hot head, he wasn't good at being a scientist, and he did a lot of drugs (LSD I think they said.) That person was also the one who said HIV didn't cause AIDS, among other things he said.

Then Icke goes on to talk about 5g - and relates all of these particular incidents to the arise of 5g towers, stating it's all a government plan to control us. Unfortunately, I see people echoing this all over social media. They believe it.

The video went on for much longer, but after I did the research into that scientist he was praising who turned out not to be so brilliant - just got lucky with that one thought while driving down the road - and then talking about 5g towers, I couldn't continue.

I have my own suspicions about the reaction to this 'pandemic', and I think people should ask questions along the way instead of blindly accepting everything they are told, but this Icke guy I think is way off the rails with his theories.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are believing him.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:15 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,634,630 times
Why is the media giving this so much attention? It’s like the 4th article I’ve seen from a major news source. They’re about to stressand effect this

Old 04-12-2020, 07:16 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,634,630 times
I will add, have anyone looked into what a 5G world will be? It’s not just “slightly faster internet”.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:35 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,567,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
So the meat and fly experiment regarding abiogenesis was just missing 5g?
It escaped from the lab !!! Evidence : There is a fly in my soup !!!

Old 04-13-2020, 06:22 AM

5,524 posts, read 7,076,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You have to wonder who got this rumor started and how they benefit from 5G being delayed or not accepted by people?
Hans Hertel and David Reynard were among the very first, I think.

The ongoing microwave phobia may have been started by Hertel. He was a Swiss "food scientist" who published a 'worthless' study in 1989.

David Reynard was a call-in to a Larry King show in 1993 and 2000. He claimed his wife brain tumor was caused by her cell phone because the X-ray resembled something.

Conspiracy wieners took it and ran.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:40 AM

5,524 posts, read 7,076,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
I have absolutely no problem with people knocking down cell towers, they are an eye sore and cellular tech has turned millions of people into mindless smart phone drones.

Cellular towers provide crucial emergency services and data, rather important during this crisis ....to some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies