Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 04:40 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Has it occurred to you that many conservative governors and mayors are supportive of these "social isolation measures" as well?
The measures you advocate are not supported by conservative local and state officeholders. They have not embraced the strictures that Democrats in California and various locales inside it and elsewhere have imposed.

Conservatives have stopped short of succumbing to the constant, withering, incessant haranguing and pestering and whining by blue states and leftist media.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:42 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I've driven through Glenwood Springs dozens of times. Tiny town there. Why the draconian rules?
Glenwood is a resort town, but more importantly, it is a bedroom community for lower level workers who can't afford to live close to their jobs in nearby Aspen. Real estate prices in Aspen have rocketed off higher than the stratosphere and beyond.

Only the uber rich live in Aspen these days and they demand that local governments be at their immedient beck and call. The upper 1 percenters who have made Aspen home don't want their low caste minions from Glenwood Springs spreading any diseases - you know what "those people" are like, I'm sure.

Our Governor has recommended that people in Colorado wear masks or bandannas when going out and about, but this is voluntary. You won't get arrested if you're not wearing one. I hadn't made myself a mask yet the last time I went to the store and no one even looked at me twice. I'd say at that point only about a third of the shoppers were wearing masks.

Certainly, if you want to live in a strictly enforced feudal type system, Aspen (and Glenwood) is the place for you. In the rest of Colorado, we have guns.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:54 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I've driven through Glenwood Springs dozens of times. Tiny town there. Why the draconian rules?
Sadly our mountain resorts became a petri dish for corona due to the high volume of tourists and transients.

I'll wear my mask proudly and I am happy they are taking action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies