Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 07:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
+1

Bad things are already happening leveled at America by China.

Yes, we are already under attack.

I hope Trump shuts China out and down to protect us.
Do you realize how much US debt China owns?!! We are in NO position to start ordering them around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 08:01 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Wow, based upon these posts ^^^ I need to make my plans to get out of here...I have the means do you?

Have you any idea how much of our food supply China has bought up? I didn't think so.

I suggest you spend some time on it. We are under attack, and you dont even know it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/10-i...investors.html

https://www.processingmagazine.com/n...-food-industry

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/27/72350...-foreign-owned (146,000 acres!)

How many links do you need to listen to me? Rome fell in 1 day.
Rome fell because it didn't do anything for itself anymore - that, and they lined the aquaducts with lead, but that's another story.

I mean you are right. We don't do much for ourselves anymore either. When our military is all Chinese, we will be in big trouble.

One thing I have noticed about this crisis (Coronavirus), is it has made it blaringly clear that we need to get back to manufacturing things for ourselves, so we wont have the same complete shortages/outages of things again.

I think its going to happen too.

Pork may be lost to us forever, but! If we all ate non-GMO organic foods grown right here by our own farmers, we probably have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:04 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you realize how much US debt China owns?!! We are in NO position to start ordering them around!
I would cut all with China, and we Americans have to suffer through it until we regain our footings. We have done it to ourselves. Time to break the addiction to and dependency on China.

America has turned soft and allowed itself to become dependent on evil people and countries. The way to stop that is to stop that.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:04 PM

25,683 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Good.

Smithfield products suck.

They make it harder to find decent ribs to smoke.

Good riddance.
They aint going nowhere. They'll close down temporarily due to C-19, and you'll notice 1/4th of the meat aisle clear out. Then, your smug reply will look really dumb, and you'll realize I was right.

China is taking control of our domestic food production. Please spend 15 minutes researching it.

China withheld covid-19 meds & supplies to us, and wouldnt even allow 3M's operation in China to ship masks to us.

Now, China is right here in our homeland buying up our land, farms, food company's, and your response is a smug attempt at humor. You are so ill-informed its sickens me.

Aside from this topic, I've admired your comments here on C-D, FatBob...repped you many times. It's now your time to wake up to what I'm trying my best to tell you.

If you think our gov't or media's going to sound the alarms, you are sadly mistaken. They are making bank on it.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That must have been one heckuva night!
Mathguy, you are really good with #'s. What % of our food supply does China own right now, and please construct a trend chart to show the growth over the past 10 years.

You can use fertile land acres, % of retail sales, total investment, ect..

Old 04-08-2020, 08:20 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,828,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They will export our food supplies unless we pay huge amounts of cash for food. They'll have us by the balllls.
The following is only my opinion:

This is nothing compared to the global lawsuit of 100% culpability by covering up the
dangers of Corona virus that made its way into the World Economy resulting in losses
in lives as well as losses in the trillions of dollars.
China is in deep trouble...............

Old 04-08-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I would cut all with China, and we Americans have to suffer through it until we regain our footings. We have done it to ourselves. Time to break the addiction to and dependency on China.

America has turned soft and allowed itself to become dependent on evil people and countries. The way to stop that is to stop that.
I was beginning to think I was all alone. Thanks to your post, I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Is writing letters to our politicians even worth the effort? I'm thinking not. We need a lot more than that to get their attention. I have a peaceful plan, but I can't communicate it on social media.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Agreed. We must do it incrementally & strategically. I'm liklely wasting my breath, WW3 is what's next.

They have extensive underground shelters with millions of iodine kits...us? Nope.

Nowhere to run...nowhere to hide!

The walls are closing in from every angle.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Agreed. We must do it incrementally & strategically. I'm liklely wasting my breath, WW3 is what's next.

They have extensive underground shelters with millions of iodine kits...us? Nope.

Nowhere to run...nowhere to hide!

The walls are closing in from every angle. We are being check-mated by a former 3rd World Country.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:31 PM

23,206 posts, read 29,014,764 times
There's a big Brazilian conglomerate that controls a good portion of our meat production in this country. China isn't the only one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies