Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 02:33 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Every once in awhile you post something that I cannot find even one iota to disagree with.

Experts studying this thing have already determined it's on it's second mutation already and will continue to mutate making it way more difficult to come up with a vaccine to catch it all before it mutates for the third or fourth time, rendering last months vaccine useless.

Not as deadly (so far) as the flu but on the order of ten times more contagious.

I read it mutated several times but it doesn't change much at all.

“It probably wouldn’t change anything at all because by the time we can confirm what any particular mutation is doing, the pandemic will likely be over.”

https://elemental.medium.com/some-go...g-3656ce01ed42
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 02:34 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Paris hasn't been romantic for years.

The world will no longer be able to turn a blind eye to China. The spotlight is on them, and seven billion people have finally seen what they are.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Life involves death. People would rather live free than die hunkered down in their homes starving to death from lack of money to buy food.
And yet the death from CoronaVirus is painful. I'm sorry I rather starve than die from Covid...

Old 05-06-2020, 04:28 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
I tell you what i have learned.

There is an intellectual elite that are far more dangerous than the super rich billionaires.
we are subject to the whims of these intellectual monsters who have forced dependence on china, forced American manufacturing out of this country and turned America into their plaything.

I'm a little freaked out. don't mind saying that.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:42 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here's my two cents - which I have said before.

It's really pretty simple.

Nobody's freedom is affected. Nobody's lifestyle is affected.

LEAVE THE FREAKING BATS ALONE.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Leave the damn bats alone!
Why???? I think the possibility of MLB starting up in July is exactly what we need--

Oh.

Never mind.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:03 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I don't know who wrote this.....

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another.

Suddenly Disney is out of magic,
Paris is no longer romantic,
New York doesn't stand up anymore,
the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mecca is empty.

Hugs & kisses suddenly become weapons, and not visiting parents & friends becomes an act of love.

Suddenly you realise that power, beauty & money are worthless, and can't get you the oxygen you're fighting for.

The world continues its life and it is beautiful. It only puts humans in cages. I think it's sending us a message:

"You are not necessary. The air, earth, water and sky without you are fine. When you come back, remember that you are my guests. Not my masters.""

Are human beings capable of making any changes (don't know what they would be) as this pandemic begins to subside? Or is it inevitable that the world will just return to itself as it always seems to do after any disaster? It seems that with human nature progress (change good or bad) reigns supreme.
Nope.
How can you stop people from eating bats?

Old 05-06-2020, 05:16 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Life involves death. People would rather live free than die hunkered down in their homes starving to death from lack of money to buy food.
Nice try, but you're not paying attention. Are you saying there were no lessons to be learned from the 1918 pandemic, or that we did actually learn something from the experience and applied it to the current pandemic? You've got me all confused.

Oh, and allowing people to "live free" - free to spread the virus as well - would wreck the economy while it kills millions of people.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:55 PM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Dr. Anthony Fauci’s Ex-Employee Tells All – ARG Networks

Old 05-06-2020, 05:58 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
I would hope that the world would spend more money preparing for pandemics than spending trillions on nuclear missiles but that's just a dream.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:59 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nice try, but you're not paying attention. Are you saying there were no lessons to be learned from the 1918 pandemic, or that we did actually learn something from the experience and applied it to the current pandemic? You've got me all confused.

Oh, and allowing people to "live free" - free to spread the virus as well - would wreck the economy while it kills millions of people.
Starvation kills more people than a virus with a 98/99% survival rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies