Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2020, 05:35 AM

1,967 posts, read 1,305,042 times

Advertisements

All U.S. Congressional members take the congressional oath of office; “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God”.

That oath does not consider instances when political decisions are of lesser benefit or of greater harm to the individual congressional members’ states or congressional districts, as opposed to national benefits.
That oath does not parse among the individual congressional members’ political and/or financial supporters’ lesser benefit or of greater harm, as opposed to our entire nation’s best net interests.

I believe almost all Congressional members deliberately or naturally reconcile themselves to believing their politically parochial decisions are to our nations’ best interests and/or hope that the consequences of the of congress’s aggregate votes will be to our nation’s best interests.

Senator Bernard Sander’s actively promotes more discussion and considerations for our nation’s economic policies. I urge we remember the League of Nations lacked the power to prevent World War Two. It was the United States rather than Woodrow Wilson that failed to support the league of Nations. To the extent that Senator Sanders may be correct, and the U.S. Congress fails to enact more effective federal promotion of medical insurance for all U.S. legal residents, our nation will regret the consequences.

Respectfully, Supposn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 06:09 AM

39,838 posts, read 26,470,585 times
Yeah, in these trying times, we all need the entertainment value. He's right up there with AOC and Mad Maxine for stupid, yet entertaining comments. Screech away, Bernie.

Oh yeah, get on back to naming post offices.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:16 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,568,624 times
He's a good history lesson as his speeches in 2020 sounds just like Lenin did in 1918.
The Spanish Flu 1918 to the Kung Flu 2020.

The duel pandemics of disease and communism. Why can't we redo some 9f the good things in history instead of just the bad???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies