Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2020, 11:08 AM

14,970 posts, read 9,885,542 times

Advertisements

If you don't need it then maybe some tax deduction is in order.... donate to a Church or non profit.

Samaritans Purse does a lot of good and the Salvation Army too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 11:09 AM

13,124 posts, read 7,603,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I don't agree, this varies by where you live. Those numbers you wrote above, the 4K and $2,350? That's our pathetic area's average income, and the $2,350 the average house lease/ mortgage payment.
So, we could cut our expenses by $2,350 a month, if we went to live under a bridge.
Washington has imposed land-use zoning, for underbridge living. Restricted to Trolls, only. Finally, finally the code is enforced by Durkins and Insley
(Fremont Troll is in arrears for maintenance and security. We need to implement a troll tax for every picture taken with Troll and for every eyeball seeing the Troll.)

Old 04-09-2020, 11:13 AM

30,390 posts, read 23,862,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it doesn't. The cutoff from receiving a check is $100k income for one person, $200k for a married couple.

What in the hell are you talking about? Anything given to small businesses must be used to pay workers salaries, rent, etc., or it converts to a loan plus interest. They don't get to keep that money and spend it as they choose.
What?! I thought you had to be unemployed to get one. I'm self employed, but I sure don't make 100k a year. Yet, I'm not getting jack spit. I don't think the government is sending everyone a check who makes less than 100k a year.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:24 AM

5,301 posts, read 5,269,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I hope that all those that say "Trump is not my president" realize that, if they cash the checks (OK, or use the direct deposit)-that Trump is not just your president, but your sugar daddy.
You realize Congress controls the purse strings...so in reality, Congress is sugar daddy...Trump had nothing to do with this other than just signing it.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:25 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,081,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I hope that all those that say "Trump is not my president" realize that, if they cash the checks (OK, or use the direct deposit)-that Trump is not just your president, but your sugar daddy.
I love me a sugar daddy - just aint kissin this one's rear.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:27 AM

8,972 posts, read 2,578,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
You realize Congress controls the purse strings...so in reality, Congress is sugar daddy...Trump had nothing to do with this other than just signing it.
This is exactly true, and let's remember this when the conversation shifts to the deficit spending of Pelosi's House.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:34 AM

13,124 posts, read 7,603,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
I love me a sugar daddy - just aint kissin this one's rear.
Anyone presenting their Rear to be kissed by me, gets a sh8ft up the h-le. . I could never understand this hominy.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:38 AM

89,377 posts, read 45,111,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What?! I thought you had to be unemployed to get one. I'm self employed, but I sure don't make 100k a year. Yet, I'm not getting jack spit. I don't think the government is sending everyone a check who makes less than 100k a year.
Think again. The $1,200 checks are automatically being issued to everyone whose 2018/2019 tax return indicated they earned less than $99,000 for an individual or $1,200 each for a married couple filing jointly who earned a combined $199,000 or less.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:41 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,814,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I know you don't want to give Trump any cudos but Trump did have to sign it for it to pass.

Once each chamber has approved the bill, the legislation is sent to the President. ... When the President refuses to sign the bill, the result is called a veto. Congress can try to overrule a veto. To do this, both the Senate and the House must vote to overrule the President's veto by a two-thirds majority.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:43 AM

8,972 posts, read 2,578,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I know you don't want to give Trump any cudos but Trump did have to sign it for it to pass.

Once each chamber has approved the bill, the legislation is sent to the President. ... When the President refuses to sign the bill, the result is called a veto. Congress can try to overrule a veto. To do this, both the Senate and the House must vote to overrule the President's veto by a two-thirds majority.
This was bipartisan despite the fact that Pelosi tried to kill it to get some TV time. They'd have had the votes to override a veto. Everyone gets credit/blame for this massive spending bill. The rest of the irresponsible spending the past few years on the other hand....well that's different. There's far more credit/blame to the congress there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies