Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 07:13 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ask Spartacus. Its my opinion he bases his opinion on women being jealous.

I dont really give a flip if I see a bare female breast in public. I dont like seeing bare male breasts either, but I see plenty of those and plenty of female boob flesh (its really just the nip nip most are disturbed about (my opinion), butt cracks, muffin tops and biscuit bottoms too.

Regarding the subject being discussed, I must say that I've always favored private showings, over public exhibitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 07:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Regarding the subject being discussed, I must say that I've always favored private showings, over public exhibitions.
I have to agree. Besides, I like the mystery. Sometimes what the woman isn't showing is the most beautiful and it should be treasured and shared with only a few.

I think that sometimes a little modesty is a good thing.

That and my experience is that those who want to make a point and go all femanazi with it are women that I prefer not to be scarred for life by.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:22 PM

17,307 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have to agree. Besides, I like the mystery. Sometimes what the woman isn't showing is the most beautiful and it should be treasured and shared with only a few.

I think that sometimes a little modesty is a good thing.

That and my experience is that those who want to make a point and go all femanazi with it are women that I prefer not to be scarred for life by.
So you agree with Sharia Law interpretations that have them covered head to toe I presume.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:25 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So women should have a different set of rules so not to lessen your boner?
Please ... as if the fact that men can be aroused at the sight of female breasts is something that only matters to men.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:27 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
The following is only my opinion:

Real men are having fun with this post ........

Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 PM

374 posts, read 146,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
America wasn't founded by Puritans. It was founded on the values espoused by enlightenment deists, some of whom were positively libertine by the standards of the day.

The Puritans are a footnote in the earliest settlement of America, swamped by diverse immigrants, religiously and nationally, by evn the early decades of the 1700s. Their descendants populate some of the most liberal areas of the country today (basically the northern swath of the country from New England to the PNW, and the theological descendants of the Puritans, the Congregationalist denominations, are some of the most liberal Christian sects in the country, ordaining women and gays into the clergy and activist in social issues.

That is not to say that Puritans had no effect whatsoever, but America's prudish strain is more a result of the the Great Awakenings of the 18th and 19th centuries which resulted in schisms of the mainline churches.
These schisms produced denominations such as the Southern Baptist Convention and the Evangelical Movement. While these denominations may have taken social cues from the Puritans, the growth of these movements, and their subsequent influence on American culture are the reuslt of a far more complex series of religio-cultural movements, on both sides of the Atlantic, than can simply be seen as a transmission of values stemming directly from the Puritans, but rather as a reaction to contemporary events and changes in social values.
What's your point with that useless spiel? It doesn't matter if its Puritans, Baptists or Mother f--king Theresa. You're off point entirely.

The truth is male America is ridiculously sexist about exposing female breasts for the very reason that ignorant a-holes like Pilot1 think they are god's gift to women and insultingly infer that only women 23 and under or those with boob jobs should reveal themselves on a beach because their egos wrongly assume that women who go topless do it for the singular reason of titillating men so they better look good. Get a hold of yourselves. Its not the reason. How obnoxious can you be.

Maybe men over 23 should wear tops, too, especially fat ones with hairy backs. I don't particularly care for a pair of man boobs or saggy man boobs blocking my ocean view. And especially not old ones who have never been in a committed relationship in their lives, but strut around thinking young women aren't laughing their asses off at the old leering farts.

Last edited by PerditaPanthera; 04-10-2020 at 11:26 PM..

Old 04-10-2020, 11:07 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Well, I just think we have a very perverted tie between nudity and sexuality. It’s odd we can watch a nature show with our kids which shows animal mating, and yet we have this weird thing where we have to hide the same naughty bits. I’ve never understood that. Being naked and seeing the things we’re all going to see anyway doesn’t have to be sexualized or sensationalized. I’d argue that trying to keep it under wraps is what sexualizes it more.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:33 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Well, I just think we have a very perverted tie between nudity and sexuality.
Perverted, eh? People are already less interested in having sex and making babies than ever before, and you want to desexualize them even more? You'd prefer a world where men aren't aroused at the sight of a naked woman and couldn't care less whether or not women wear clothing?

Old 04-11-2020, 08:30 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Perverted, eh? People are already less interested in having sex and making babies than ever before, and you want to desexualize them even more? You'd prefer a world where men aren't aroused at the sight of a naked woman and couldn't care less whether or not women wear clothing?
You aren’t interested in having sex? My condolences.

Old 04-11-2020, 11:32 AM

17,307 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You only become attracted to someone once they’re naked?

Woman going around legally with just some pasties on her nipples and a g-string, but no attraction until those come off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies