Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 07:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

I have never been asked my religion when I voted.

Can’t imagine why anyone would care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 07:22 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Biden is going to beat Trump, you'd better start entertaining the possibility now or be shocked come November.
C'mon man, you don't really believe that. No one does.

The enthusiasm gap between the Trump voters and the reluctant Biden voters couldn't be any wider. The guy can barely put together a sentence, it's basically elder abuse to even put him through this sham.

I won't say it's literally impossible, but it would probably be the biggest upset in US history unless something major happens or the Democrats change candidates and pick someone considerably better.

I'm not saying it's what I want, but Trump is simply going to win because the Democrats punted this election by not nominating a candidate that doesn't have dementia.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:28 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Go ahead and continue believing that if you want.

People like you are just as confident of the inevitability of Trump's win as the Hillary fans were of Hillary's inevitable victory in 2016.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:29 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
The following is only my opinion:

The day we cut God out of our country is the day we die as a nation.......................

Old 04-09-2020, 07:37 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
The following is only my opinion:

The day we cut God out of our country is the day we die as a nation.......................

IMO the process started when we elected trump.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and continue believing that if you want.

People like you are just as confident of the inevitability of Trump's win as the Hillary fans were of Hillary's inevitable victory in 2016.
Well, I am that confident in the inevitability of Trump's win....but I'm not a Trump voter, so it doesn't really matter. Democrats were not all that enthusiastic to support Hillary so she lost to the enthusiastic Trump supporters....this time around Trump supporters are even more enthusiastic and Democrats are even less enthusiastic to support Biden than they were Hillary.

Just everything points to a fairly large win by the incumbent. The real question is over the House. Will Republicans take it, or will Democrats hold on?

Old 04-09-2020, 07:46 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Getting rid of Trump is all the enthusiasm democrats need.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Getting rid of Trump is all the enthusiasm democrats need.
Yeah but it's not. That's the problem. That's what they are pinning their hopes on right now, that it won't matter how terrible the garbage they nominate is, that the entire country will have TDS and just vote for anyone who isn't the bad orange man. That's a very foolish plan.

Sure you'll get the hardcore "Go team blue" types to come out....but they were always going to come out. Those aren't the people you need in order to win. You need the fence sitters to decide not only to show up to the polls, but to get them to throw their support behind a dementia patient who can barely say more than a sentence or two that isn't scripted and rehearsed without fumbling all over the place.

Watching Biden attempt to speak is depressing. It works as a healthy reminder that we will all grow old, become feeble, and die...but that's not what you want from a leader. He even admits that he's likely to die in office and that his VP pick will have to be ready to be the president on day one.

Again, you might want to check if you are merely telling me what you hope is true rather than what you actually think is true. I don't doubt you hope Biden wins, but deep down you have to know very few will turn out to vote for him.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:55 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Catholics are a diverse group ranging from Hispanics to descendants of Prairie settlers on the Plains to Irish Catholic northeasterners who are still pretty proud of their Irish-ness. But I'd say Biden gets a majority of them.

Biden is going to beat Trump, you'd better start entertaining the possibility now or be shocked come November.
Biden will forget he is running for President and won’t beat Trump.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:16 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I have no idea whom will win this year, lots of time left to go.

That being said I have some thoughts:

1) Trump constantly making up stuff and then denies it and that and his tantrums are tiring (at best) to most people. Even my (R) parents don't like the guy so he's vulnerable if Biden can stay in his lane and not do anything that makes people think that we're getting a jerk either way.

2) The white blue collar mainly Obama democrats got pretty badly flamed in the last election. They were basically called losers that didn't get educations and tough luck that your job got shipped off because your um....also racist for taking issue with all of the illegals and off-shoring. Not sure they'll go back D but if Biden starts throwing around racism and deplorables like Hillary did he'll make that a certainty.

3) Covid, we'll see how that plays out. Big wild card there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies