Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 04:26 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,673,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Deaths are being marked as COVID-19 even if they were only found positive on one of the notoriously inaccurate tests and the actual cause of death was unrelated to the coronavirus infection.
Some deaths are being counted as COVID-19 even if the test was negative, as long as the "symptoms" appear to match up. There was a news story a couple of days ago about a young girl who died of an epileptic seizure. She tested negative for the virus, but she was "treated as a likely COVID-19 case" because members of her family had "symptoms." So negative does not really mean negative, apparently.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...juana-oil-dies

Old 04-11-2020, 04:30 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Some deaths are being counted as COVID-19 even if the test was negative, as long as the "symptoms" appear to match up. There was a news story a couple of days ago about a young girl who died of an epileptic seizure. She tested negative for the virus, but she was "treated as a likely COVID-19 case" because members of her family had "symptoms." So negative does not really mean negative, apparently.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...juana-oil-dies
Wow! That’s even worse. Now people who die of something that is NOT COVID, and proven so via a test, are nonetheless counted as a COVID death? Is it the progressives who are artificially inflating the numbers so they can continue to keep the economy shuttered, drive small businesses to bankruptcy, and cause the unemployment rate to skyrocket....just to get Trump defeated?

Old 04-11-2020, 04:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
It’s all a big hoax. People across the world are faking death and illness just to get Trump out of office. This is all being staged by the Infinada, or whatever they are called. My neighbor, Bob, is a leading infinada member. He tells me the real stuff every time he has a couple drinks too many.

Elvis is also heavily involved in this corona hoax.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Wow! That’s even worse. Now people who die of something that is NOT COVID, and proven so via a test, are nonetheless counted as a COVID death? Is it the progressives who are artificially inflating the numbers so they can continue to keep the economy shuttered, drive small businesses to bankruptcy, and cause the unemployment rate to skyrocket....just to get Trump defeated?
And that bastard Boris Johnson faking illness just because Trump competing with him for the world antiglobalization leader.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:41 PM

57,213 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
All that based on one anecdote on CD, how about some facts and data.

I say open up the businesses, I read on CD data that the numbers are fake.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:57 PM

7,059 posts, read 4,506,701 times
The last figures I read showed deaths by age categories. So the older you are more likely to die but also more likely to have other health conditions. Young people can also have underlying issues. As much as I hate staying home I think it’s the right thing to do. My kids are being hurt economically. One had to move in with us because he was teaching English in Vietnam and the schools closed months ago. He recently came home because the schools aren’t opening any time soon. My oldest and his wife are looking for a 1 bedroom apartment instead of the 2 they have to lower the expenses. Yes people are suffering but they all agree that the shutdown was necessary.

Old 04-11-2020, 05:39 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

Wby do we need a massive military when no invasion of any significance has occurred in over 200 years?
Wars of aggression and conquest are profitable for the powers that be? (Not so much for the cannon fodder in uniform however.)

Old 04-11-2020, 05:46 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And that bastard Boris Johnson faking illness just because Trump competing with him for the world antiglobalization leader.
I'm pretty sure he did not ever really have anything. I'm pretty sure Tom Hanks didn't either for that matter.

The MSM lies to you on purpose about hundreds of things though, but few people actually stop to ponder what the ramifications of that really are. People want to believe they are not being lied to I guess, because they don't want to believe they are being manipulated and played on a grand scale by malevolent interests.

Old 04-11-2020, 05:51 PM

19,796 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Quote:
Although I am sure that to many people, your post sounds like a conspiracy theory (and I do not yet agree with it exactly as stated), I think that there MUST be a reason why the death figures are being inflated*; and although I can't even guess what the reason is, I am convinced that it does not bode well for most of us ordinary citizens.

*Yes, although I am convinced that the numbers ARE being inflated, I am sure that many people will think that this is simply my opinion, but I disagree and will continue to state it as fact until this is proven to be incorrect. But, like so much of the "facts" concerning this virus, the facts seem to me to be whatever the government and media say they are.

Old 04-11-2020, 06:05 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
It seems at this juncture that approximately 1% of those who are infected succumb to the virus (RIP), and a study from Italy showed that 99.2% of those dying had at least one serious underlying condition. So, what is the percentage likelihood that a healthy adult would catch the disease and then succumb to it? Would it be 1% x .08%?

P.S. I was horrible with word problems in junior high and still would be. (I have other talents.)
I think we will find out that the mortality rate is somewhere around 0.5%.

We do not know right now what the number is, because we are mostly only testing the people who are not able to fight off the virus , and are forced to go to the doctor due to a raging fever and breathing problems. We are only testing a very tiny minority of people who do not have any symptoms, or minor symptoms, because their immune system is able to beat this virus without difficulty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.