Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 07:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Like how many defending comments you gonna make?
I should take time and present all in one thread but that's not my style. Sorry if it bothers you.

I went back and read more tweets -- trying to see what the complaint was.....had to sift through tweets that wren't critical of the surgeon general at all, some didn't even really know the context of the words and was just talking about how they just came on twitter to see how Uncle tom was trending that kind of thing...so it made me realize how insignificantly small the group that felt he was being all Uncle Tom. Which is ridiculous to say he was being. He was trying to be down with the people or folksy-- lol.....massive fail obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 08:36 PM

15,817 posts, read 6,523,439 times
I actually think that former President Obama and his Wife could be helpful in communicating safety measures to the inner city communities. But DJT still has that massive stick in his craw over the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner, so it would probably need to be funded independently.

DJT will freak out of course.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:44 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He brought it on.

I'm sure he meant no harm but why oh why did he try to hard with that wording.

Just stick to the facts. You don't have to down play to us -- we aren't that ignorant.

But yeah - the twitterdom is trolling conservatives big time with this Uncle Tom - I thought folks liked trolling.....hmm I guess not today.
Quote:
you have to be careful with social media.

And as the words Uncle Tom seemingly are still trending you find now that most of the tweets don't even address the content of where it started trending...but it is a snow ball.
so you made one comment early on - a very important comment - "he brought it on" - he deserved it..

the bolded "we" is POC? It makes me wonder what your thoughts have been about reports (they don't have data, just reports aka rumors). If the CV is disproportionately affecting POC, wouldn't you want it addressed in some way that resonates with that community? Because apparently, whatever they've been saying for 3 weeks, or whatever info has been provided to that community, wasn't working well enough.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:51 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I actually think that former President Obama and his Wife could be helpful in communicating safety measures to the inner city communities. But DJT still has that massive stick in his craw over the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner, so it would probably need to be funded independently.

DJT will freak out of course.
nothing has kept the Dems from taking out a 30 second ad - hey, find a friendly corporation like Facebook has an ad - and letting Obama reach the POC. So, why haven't they?

I mean - you have an example of the US Government funding an ad featuring a former politician?

Old 04-10-2020, 09:01 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Some folks get upset by anything - now how we doing with those new tests ?

Old 04-10-2020, 10:15 PM

4,897 posts, read 2,051,253 times
I would bet that it was some low life White Liberal, who has never did sheet for anybody, let alone, his own country, that started this Uncle Tom BS.

A quick note to all the White Liberal losers out there and this is coming from a person of color, the more you try to attack, belittle, target and straight up lie when a person of color, Black, Brown or mixed race doesn’t fall in line with the Left’s BS modern plantation indoctrination... The truth be told, the Left is doing it’s best to keep the Blacks and Browns on the reservation and they’re losing control AND they know it... That’s what’s killing them.

Remember this, we’re waking up and walking away from your lies and deceit AND you cannot handle losing control of us.

The last good Democrats were Truman, Kennedy and at times, Johnson.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Wrong message -- not a time to get folksy with people...especially when you are definitely not a folksy kind of guy -- it does seem to be patronizing or something.

Why can't this administration just talk like adults.

Pence does a good job. I'm not a fan of Pence but he talks like an adult -- kisses up to Trump a wee bit too much but there's a method to that madness -- best to please the man.
Interesting view point ^^^^^

I can see how democrats and people on the left would like Pence !!! He is the old cookie cutter model of a politician !!!
The other day Trump pointed out in a WH press briefing how when Pence was ask a question he talked for 5 minuets and never answered the question !!! That's what the left wants !!! All talk, no answers, no action !!! He sounded good though !!! All the nice words going in a circle and ending right where he started !!! Meets their definition of being "Presidential" !!!

Old 04-10-2020, 11:00 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Interesting view point ^^^^^

I can see how democrats and people on the left would like Pence !!! He is the old cookie cutter model of a politician !!!
The other day Trump pointed out in a WH press briefing how when Pence was ask a question he talked for 5 minuets and never answered the question !!! That's what the left wants !!! All talk, no answers, no action !!! He sounded good though !!! All the nice words going in a circle and ending right where he started !!!

THIS!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies