Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 06:38 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

Advertisements

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=...rc=trend_click

Soooooooooo according to some people on the left Dr Brix is a stupid woman who has no agency and hypnotized by Trump and Dr. Jerome is an uncle Tom

Man they really do care about what can be seen as offensive to minorities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 06:46 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
There is no indication what political affiliation any of those people have but the reality is they need to listen. I just heard part of the speech and people are going to have a field day with that. But what do people want the man to do? He has been repeating this message for awhile now. Folks need to listen. Stay at home.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
He brought it on.

I'm sure he meant no harm but why oh why did he try to hard with that wording.

Just stick to the facts. You don't have to down play to us -- we aren't that ignorant.

But yeah - the twitterdom is trolling conservatives big time with this Uncle Tom - I thought folks liked trolling.....hmm I guess not today.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:56 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He brought it on.

I'm sure he meant no harm but why oh why did he try to hard with that wording.

Just stick to the facts. You don't have to down play to us -- we aren't that ignorant.

But yeah - the twitterdom is trolling conservatives big time with this Uncle Tom - I thought folks liked trolling.....hmm I guess not today.
He irritated some Black and Hispanics with that big mama/abuela statement. It definitely was unnecessary but he’s trying to get a message across. People are dying.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:57 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=...rc=trend_click

Soooooooooo according to some people on the left Dr Brix is a stupid woman who has no agency and hypnotized by Trump and Dr. Jerome is an uncle Tom

Man they really do care about what can be seen as offensive to minorities

Twitter has been taken over by a bunch of cave dwelling zealot racist progressive morons. They are going to send that joint down the path of MySpace.

I've not posted anything, read anything, cared about anything on there in a year or more. I'm a social marketer... ironic.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:01 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Remember those bumper stickers advising you to kill your TV? You should do that with Twitter.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:01 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
No surprise here, any black person who doesn't tote the Democrat line and hate Trump for being "racist" (even though Trump hasn't done anything against black people) is considered an Uncle Tom. Any Hispanic who hates illegal immigrants is called a coconut by the Raza crowd.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:02 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
There is no indication what political affiliation any of those people have but the reality is they need to listen. I just heard part of the speech and people are going to have a field day with that. But what do people want the man to do? He has been repeating this message for awhile now. Folks need to listen. Stay at home.
I agree, listen to that man, stay home.

It takes a lot of unhealthy anger to call someone an uncle tom over something like that.

We may not like it but I *never* hear someone getting called an uncle tom outside of a political setting these days.

Frankly, I can't think of any time in my memory that it hasn't been attached to politics.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
He irritated some Black and Hispanics with that big mama/abuela statement. It definitely was unnecessary but he’s trying to get a message across. People are dying.
Wrong message -- not a time to get folksy with people...especially when you are definitely not a folksy kind of guy -- it does seem to be patronizing or something.

Why can't this administration just talk like adults.

Pence does a good job. I'm not a fan of Pence but he talks like an adult -- kisses up to Trump a wee bit too much but there's a method to that madness -- best to please the man.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
No surprise here, any black person who doesn't tote the Democrat line and hate Trump for being "racist" (even though Trump hasn't done anything against black people) is considered an Uncle Tom. Any Hispanic who hates illegal immigrants is called a coconut by the Raza crowd.
This guy has been making statements for over a month -- and it wasn't until today's unfortunate statements that this came up.

You can blame left but it is clear the messaging, communication from this administration is abhorrent.

No time to be cute and folksy and try to pretend you are down with all of that...

Serious information. Give us the updates and leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies