Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 04:54 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

The group #2 are the ones who keep trying to shame me and accuse me of lacking compassion because I question the extremity of the measures taken by the government and think we should reopen as soon as possible. "But don't you realize more people are going to die if we do that??" "What about your grandparents, aunties and uncles, elderly parents?"
Such people tend to not have children, so it isn't surprising that that's what they're posting. My facebook feed has a lot of "MY KIDS ARE DRIVING ME #$^ING CRAZY!!!" rants.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:06 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It takes a 40 year old,40 YEARS to be who they are... you think two months with a minor virus is going to change people... a virus that only seriously affects less than 1% of the population and likely less than 1% of that even dies... oh yeah, that’s going to cause people to change... that is if you believe in what the media tells you to think...
I don't understand all of this "what media tells you to think", I really don't. So the governor of MA Charlie Baker who today said May 4th is not enough has himself been programmed by the media? Other governors the same thing? Other countries the same thing? Sorry, but I think this media garbage is so off base.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:22 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I know. I always thought you to be a rational person.

Experience.

You've never seen a pandemic, much less an epidemic. I've never seen a pandemic, either, unless you want to count 2009, which I don't.

I've seen a few epidemics. One swept through a UN refugee camp when I was in Mae Hong Song.

Virus mutate. That's what they do, and they also jump species.

Would it surprise you to know there's a Turkey Corona Virus? Turkeys are native to North America, so you can't blame the Chinese for that.

There's a Canine Respiratory Corona Virus and a Canine Corona Virus.

There you are, sitting at home talking to Joe, and your dog jumps up on the couch and gaks in your face.

Now you got Canine Corona Virus, except it doesn't affect you because the virus is "tuned" to dog DNA.

But, all it takes is one of those tricky virus to mutate to be able to use your DNA to replicate and we're off to the races.

COVID-19 is just flu. It's no more lethal than the H1N1 pandemic of 2009.

However, it is highly contagious, far more contagious than H1N1, and apparently as contagious as Spanish Flu.

So long as you have more medical staff, equipment and supplies than patients, it's not an issue.

If the tide turns, it becomes a nightmare.

That's what happened in France, Italy and Spain. Those are unitary States with government-run or government-funded healthcare. When the annual healthcare budget comes out, Paris, Rome and Madrid get the biggest piece of the healthcare budget pie and the other cities get the crumbs.

Those hospitals were not properly equipped and understaffed at the very start. There was no way they could win. Wasn't but a few days before they had more patients than doctors, ventilators and medicine and the bodies started piling up.

When you have one ventilator and 5 patients who desperately need it, you have to play god and choose who lives and who dies.

That's the trick, maintaining the upper hand. As you can see, that's not happening in New York City and you want to keep that from happening elsewhere in the US.

I don't think it's the science behind the virus that doesn't feel right to me and to many people.

I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist.......

And let me reiterate.....I do not think the virus is a hoax.

But you have to admit that the nature of this particular pandemic, the timing, the response and the effects on society at this particular time seems .....a little bit too ironic....

Last edited by FatBob96; 04-14-2020 at 04:01 AM..

Old 04-14-2020, 05:58 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Damn, the snowflakes cannot even take social distancing now?

Old 04-14-2020, 07:03 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I don't think it's the science behind the virus that doesn't feel right to me and to many people.

I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist.......

And let me reiterate.....I do not think the virus is a hoax.

But you have to admit that the nature of this particular pandemic, the timing, the response and the effects on society at this particular time seems .....a little bit too ironic....
Do you mean an election year in the US? If so, that doesn't make sense considering this virus is affecting the whole world. I don't believe for a second that the whole world is conspiring to get Trump reelected, if that's what you're implying. If you're implying something else, please elaborate.

Old 04-14-2020, 07:25 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Damn, the snowflakes cannot even take social distancing now?
You dont need to earn a living?

Old 04-14-2020, 08:11 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I think those that are ready to skip social distancing can go out and try it for the rest of us. Tell us how it goes!

Old 04-14-2020, 08:13 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I don't understand all of this "what media tells you to think", I really don't. So the governor of MA Charlie Baker who today said May 4th is not enough has himself been programmed by the media? Other governors the same thing? Other countries the same thing? Sorry, but I think this media garbage is so off base.
I with you on this. Again, the numbers just don’t make sense. I live in a state where 99.9% of the population is ok, yet the restrictions are getting tighter. Begs the question of why?

At the end of the day, only you can protect yourself. Just like with other viruses. Wash your hands often. Don’t touch your face. I cannot protect my grandparents, your parents, your family. I’m not going to wash other people’s hands. I’m certainly not touching anyone else’s face.

Not getting into a small, enclosed space of 3 ft with anyone for 15 minutes or more.

This is how I’m protecting myself. The government overreach has gotten out of control.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:40 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Do you mean an election year in the US? If so, that doesn't make sense considering this virus is affecting the whole world. I don't believe for a second that the whole world is conspiring to get Trump reelected, if that's what you're implying. If you're implying something else, please elaborate.

I'm not implying anything..

It's more of gut feeling.

You know that feeling of uneasiness you get when something is going on that makes think..... WTF?

That.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:57 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm not implying anything..

It's more of gut feeling.

You know that feeling of uneasiness you get when something is going on that makes think..... WTF?

That.
That is all pretty vague. What did you mean when you said "the timing" in your previous post? What is suspicious about end of 2019 and beginning of 2020?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies