Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 02:37 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Not only walmart, but if says made in china, we don't buy it. .
I am also never again buying Chinese sourced products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 03:01 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Good luck! I hope your current toaster never fails.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:04 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
We go there for food and the pharmacy section. Largely leave the other parts alone. Walmart clothes really suck, but they sell Dickies, which has been a staple of my clothing for over a decade.
LOL.

All these people except the person I asked answering the question.

The person I asked, at the very least, identifies with a number of things that tie him to conservatives. I don't think I've ever noticed someone who leans as such express disdain for Walmart, so I was curious re if he avoids it entirely.

Like you, I'm a Bay Area native who lives in Texas (unless you've already moved to NY). I personally look at what provides the best overall value re a given item, and if that's Walmart, that doesn't faze me.

I have relatives in the Bay Area on different parts of the political spectrum but I think, without exception, all of the Democrats have a political aversion to Walmart and wouldn't shop at one under any circumstances.

I spent a couple of months in Tyler a few years ago, and I liked it. I found the people to be very nice. Re Walmart there...the product selection/availability at the Troup Hwy store was a little better, but I thought the product selection/availability at both the Broadway store and the store near Hwy 64 sucked.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:08 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Oh, you will. You're a liberal so you'll be buying Chinese.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Good luck! I hope your current toaster never fails.
I mean ^^^ this is the problem.

It's so easy to say that we will never buy Chinese products again but a lot harder to actually accomplish.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:17 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean ^^^ this is the problem.

It's so easy to say that we will never buy Chinese products again but a lot harder to actually accomplish.
Yup, I put in a ton of research that kept leading down the China path when I had to buy a new toaster. I gave up.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:23 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That's nice, but the left/Joe Biden strongly disagrees and will shame you for placing blame on China. Maher is simply an entertainer whose opinion is meaningless. The left as a whole works for the Chicoms, and many politicians on the left are paid off by the Chicoms. How else would someone as dull as Joe Biden obtain millions of dollars? Halfwits usually don't have very big bank accounts.
Trump does.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:23 PM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yup, I put in a ton of research that kept leading down the China path when I had to buy a new toaster. I gave up.
Then just don't buy China made products unless absolutely necessary.

It's that simple.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Oh, you will. You're a liberal so you'll be buying Chinese.
Dumb comment.

Are the Waltons liberal? Their company helps flood the market with plenty of Chinese-made stuff that it buys and sells. Or is that a figment of my imagination?

Old 04-12-2020, 04:13 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Hold up a second, you want to call it something else because there have been a literal handful of relatively minor incidents in a country of 330million people by basically crazy people that would attack somebody for whatever the voices were saying in their head that day.

Weird how we had an actual racist serial killer of "old white men" in the Kansas City area and yet the term still was a major battle cry of the primaries.

Sorry, but with the CCP pushing propaganda that the US started the virus I have zero problem with reminding people where it actually originated and that is Wuhan, China. The fact that some nutters hear "china" and have a problem is not sufficient reason to call it something else.

In fact, if we were to stop changing what it's called...even saying where it is from could trigger such an attack.

But ok, if you want me to point out where your language is inciting attacks on some group I'll be happy to oblige going forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies