Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 06:45 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Dems idea of the greatest mind of the day is Joe Biden.
Naw

Not the greatest mind of the day.

Just a whole lot better than tRump.

The "stable genius" anointed by god.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 07:24 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,174,568 times
I am no fan of Trump but quite frankly he has handled this situation about as good as could be expected. Unfortunately, a good part of the media, because of their inherent bias, puts a negative spin on everything he has said and done. The vitriolic hatred that exists on this site is "almost" beyond belief.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

A lot of them truly are blinded by hate... Yet they will claim anyone who doesn't support their twisted world view is stupid and incapable of making good choices for themselves.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
at this point I would crawl on my hands and knees even if I have a 105 degree fever to vote against Trump.

No, that's not just anger.....it's an obsessive hatred. Too bad you had to go and have kids and pass it on.....

It's not hatred. You and a number of other Trump fans just think so because you don't recognize your own projection. For some reason that I don't understand (except for a military person or two) many of you get emotional, get upset about Trump being criticized. He's a politician. With some of you, someone might get the impression that he's your dad, brother, cousin, husband, or friend (when he obviously isn't any of those things) with how sensitive you are about criticism of him.

Old 04-14-2020, 07:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's not hatred. You and a number of other Trump fans just think so because you don't recognize your own projection. For some reason that I don't understand (except for a military person or two) many of you get emotional, get upset about Trump being criticized. He's a politician. With some of you, someone might get the impression that he's your dad, brother, cousin, husband, or friend (when he obviously isn't any of those things) with how sensitive you are about criticism of him.

^^^

Home run!

Old 04-14-2020, 07:40 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
the left can always to it better.....long after it's happened

Old 04-14-2020, 07:53 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
As COVID-19 spreads inexorably across the country, Trump can't hide behind excuses. Oh, I'm sure there will still be morons who will vote for him. My brother is one of them. Many of Trump's supporters have already changed their minds, though, and more will follow as people they know and love start getting sick. The cultists won't be swayed and I accept that, but at this point I would crawl on my hands and knees even if I have a 105 degree fever to vote against Trump. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
You are not the only one. Wisconsin voters braved a pandemic, mile-long lines and bad weather to vote against the GOP by a 10-point margin.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:07 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I am no fan of Trump but quite frankly he has handled this situation about as good as could be expected. Unfortunately, a good part of the media, because of their inherent bias, puts a negative spin on everything he has said and done. The vitriolic hatred that exists on this site is "almost" beyond belief.
I think if you watch his live situation reports you can draw your own conclusions to his handling of the situation, the media doesn't have to do a thing for the "negative spin" to be seen. And your right many posters for both sides on this site could use some professional help....

Old 04-14-2020, 05:50 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
100%!

I never understand why voters fall in love with any politician, they are there to do a job. There hasn't been one politician in my years on earth who I felt affection for or love. Not even the ones I voted for and supported.

I also don't understand why people would put someone into the most important office in the country who a) isn't qualified nor has any experience working within the government b) isn't emotionally mature c) has a history of conning people, defaulting, bankruptcies, d) has the vocabulary of a junior high student at best and e) is a known liar.

That type of person wouldn't be considered for a low-level manager job, yet because he's a reality TV star and wealthy self-promoter he's the right candidate for the most serious and important job in the country? AS IF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies