Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 06:39 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Pssssttt.....

Trump gets his information from Fauci.

And Trump didn't say we would fill pews at Easter...

He said he would LIKE TO ......

God forbid you guys actually quote him honestly and in context.
Classic deflection. Three items presented; the deflector goes after one of them and creates a difference without any meaningful distinction.

When the leader of the free world says, repeatedly, that he would like something, rational people interpret that as, the most important person on the planet says he wants something, so he's going to do what it takes to get that something.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:50 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
45 was unhinged today doing the press conference. At one point I thought he was going to cry WTF
Ultimate Authority over the state's
“The authority of the president of the United States, having to do with the subject we’re talking about, is total,” Trump said, adding, “The president of the United States calls the shots.”

He also suggested that if a governor declined to go along, he or she would pay a price. “If some states refuse to open, I would like to see that person run for election,” Trump said.

I'd like to say I'm shocked, but of course nothing this petulant, posturing president stoops to surprises anyone anymore. Thank goodness TRUMP'S view is not shared by two groups of clearly courageous and competent governors, one on the East Coast and one on the West, who announced they were forming multistate committees to explore how and when to lift the restrictions.

Maybe we will see a reasoned and responsible multi-faceted approach and plan to guide us through this public health and national security crisis from the state level, because there certainly isn't any courageous leadership from the know nothing bully posing as POTUS.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-13-2020 at 07:02 PM..

Old 04-13-2020, 07:00 PM

18,444 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Fauci blasts liberal media spin...frankly, I didn't think he had it in him

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/statu...26946202157058

Old 04-13-2020, 07:02 PM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
Classic deflection. Three items presented; the deflector goes after one of them and creates a difference without any meaningful distinction.

When the leader of the free world says, repeatedly, that he would like something, rational people interpret that as, the most important person on the planet says he wants something, so he's going to do what it takes to get that something.

Say what??

Again in English maybe?

Lolz

Old 04-13-2020, 07:02 PM

and Trump is hysterical.....Trump plays cuts of liberal media down playing coronavirus

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...24813989978113

Old 04-13-2020, 07:06 PM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL. So, FatBob, what you are essentially saying is that taking things out of context when a Republican does it to President Obama is just fine and dandy, but oh, horrors! if someone does the same to Trump? Cultish hypocrisy at its very finest.

You can name one example with Obama.

Democrats and the Media have been doing it every day with Trump since before he was even sworn in.

Not exactly a fair comparison.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:09 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You can name one example with Obama.

Democrats and the Media have been doing it every day with Trump since before he was even sworn in.

Not exactly a fair comparison.
The fact that Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize for literally, doing nothing at all, just goes to show how much the media and everyone else coddled him.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:21 PM

1,134 posts, read 404,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...Trump plays cuts of liberal media down playing coronavirus
That was a pretty unusual briefing. Maybe it was the right place for that, I'm not sure. He apparently felt it was time to defend himself against some of the Liberal media outlets.

As I was watching it CNN cut away. I guess they were thinking "He's not going to defend himself on OUR network!" So I switched over to CSPAN to watch the rest. CNN said he was having a meltdown. I don't know about that but there were a few heated exchanges for sure.

Dr. Fauci's comments were certainly interesting. He wanted to clarify statements that he insinuated were taken out of context by CNN for the most part.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:24 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
I wish either fire the guy. Or the guy resigns.
Tweet threat is a sign of weakness.
Oh please give us a sign
Tell us, show us, your highness
Go find a hire who can lie,
Who can be so benign.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
That was a pretty unusual briefing. Maybe it was the right place for that, I'm not sure. He apparently felt it was time to defend himself against some of the Liberal media outlets.

As I was watching it CNN cut away. I guess they were thinking "He's not going to defend himself on OUR network!" So I switched over to CSPAN to watch the rest. CNN said he was having a meltdown. I don't know about that but there were a few heated exchanges for sure.

Dr. Fauci's comments were certainly interesting. He wanted to clarify statements that he insinuated were taken out of context by CNN for the most part.

yep, the liberal media was claiming Trump was down playing CV in the beginning...
...Trump was playing clips of CNN and the rest of them down playing CV in the beginning

no wonder CNN cut away...it was CNN having the meltdown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies