Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 04:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
My friend has been posting how she wishes Trump would die. That she wants him to suffer immeasurable pain etc....people have reported her and nothing happen. But I have had people say much less hurtful things about Obama and other democrats and their posts have been deleted even when they aren’t reported. Some have also been warned and banned for a long time. Yet people who wish violence on Trump just keep posting with now repercussions. Is that just coincidence?

Her latest against a republican:
“ DeAnna Lorraine, die you stupid *****. You've taken up too much space.”
If you want a good alternative to FaceBook, https://www.minds.com/ is free speech absolutist platform, within obvious limits. If you can get your friends and family to make the switch, you'll probably be a lot happier. Facebook is a Nazi regime at this point. Just try typing "Eric Ciarmella" and see what that gets you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 04:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
My friend has been posting how she wishes Trump would die. That she wants him to suffer immeasurable pain etc....people have reported her and nothing happen. But I have had people say much less hurtful things about Obama and other democrats and their posts have been deleted even when they aren’t reported. Some have also been warned and banned for a long time. Yet people who wish violence on Trump just keep posting with now repercussions. Is that just coincidence?

Her latest against a republican:
“ DeAnna Lorraine, die you stupid *****. You've taken up too much space.”
Not true -- I know folks that have had some rather innocent posts deleted.

But it may all be that you notice.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:12 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm not really on a side but it amuses me to realize that the Democrats have insanely disproportionate control/representation in:
  • The news media
  • Hollyweird
  • College professors and faculty
  • High School teachers
  • Middle School teachers
  • Grade School teachers
  • Social Media ownership, management and staffing
  • The technology that makes the Internet work
  • Cable company ownership
  • Cultural momentum
  • Cities where culture is largely defined/created
  • The top 10 richest people in America
With all those things propping them up, it is unbelievable that the Democrats aren't winning every election in every city, state, county, locality in America. There is only one logical explanation for the survival of the Republican Party and Conservatism. Their ideas, policies and positions must be a whole lot better than the ones Democrats are pushing.

I don't know if I like my own assessment but it's perfectly logical.
All true. The Democrats control the Media, Education, Universities (higher education), Entertainment, Social Media, most of Government and Corporate America, TECH, and all Metro areas (cities and suburbs). It is a wonder they don't win all elections. The deck is stacked in their favor for sure.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:19 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, MSN, Apple, etc all censor conservative leaning thought.
You would not believe the stuff my brother forwards on FB.

The very best I can say is that he is a fan of Mel Gibson. I just keep muting it. They do cut him off every now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies