Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 09:19 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times

Advertisements

No one ever talks about the Black Panthers greeting people at the polling doors in Pennsylvania with night sticks in 2008 and 2012. Now that's what I call voter suppression. Thanks to Eric Holder nothing came of that, as I recall.

Makes being too tired to vote look like a child's excuse. And we all know that not being able to get there is a red herring. All across the country organizations advertise free or discounted transportation to the polls. This includes national organizations for disabled, elderly as well as local and national businesses:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=sZm...4dUDCAs&uact=5

Old 04-29-2020, 09:53 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
After watching The Russia Collusion BS, The Kavanaugh Fiasco, Democrats cheating in MN to get Franken ellected, Obamacare passage and the hundreds of other activities Dems have done to cheat and gain power....

The Democrat Party itself is so criminal that they will do anything to get and stay in power.

This is why I am against Mail in Ballots. It's too easy to corrupt and cheat.

Show up, show an ID and vote.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Mail In Ballots, What is the Problem?

There is no problem.

There's fear.

The GOP's fear of the American voter.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:36 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
How I know you can cheat? The Democrats want it sooooo badly.
Well, right here ^ we've got the most obvious clue staring us in the face. Voting can now be added to that already long list of divisive political fodder. We're pretty much down for the count on that score, entrenched partisans, peering over their trench tops at the other guys, with both parties hoping to crush the other side.

You don't have to make sense anymore, just blab out any ol' pop culture political jargon and call that an informed opinion. It's all about the red and blue now, it surely isn't about mail in ballots, nor is it about hanging chad, or valid suspicions, no, it's just politics and the constant to and fro that has become the new American hobby.

For the record..I've been voting by mail for over ten years here in Wa state, so far so good, those on the right got the Donald, those on the left got Jay Inslee and quite a number of Democrats in the state and federal government. So again, this is just another peeing contest between ideologues, each casting aspersions at the other in hopes that someone reading here may just miraculously jump sides after being treated to a partisan diatribe by one of our usual suspects..

Old 04-29-2020, 11:53 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
After watching The Russia Collusion BS, The Kavanaugh Fiasco, Democrats cheating in MN to get Franken ellected, Obamacare passage and the hundreds of other activities Dems have done to cheat and gain power....

The Democrat Party itself is so criminal that they will do anything to get and stay in power.

This is why I am against Mail in Ballots. It's too easy to corrupt and cheat.

Show up, show an ID and vote.
Anyone that doesn't agree that we should have to show proof of identity to vote, knows that the only way their party has a chance in hell of winning the election, is voter fraud. I had to show proof to purchase a small can of WD40 the other day so why shouldn't we have to show proof to vote for the POTUS! I had to bring proof of citizenship to renew my driver's license about ten years ago so what is the issue with showing proof for such an important thing as voting for our Leader?! They want to continue with their corruption because that is the only way they are going to win the election. That is the only way Pelosi got voted in and she knows her and her party are out the door soon. They are in panic mode.

The Democratic Party should have kept their mouths shut and not behaved like spoiled brats. If they did, PT wouldn't be investigating this corrupt party. The free ride is over and they will be exposed before November. Timing is important and PT knows that. Think about it....the year of the Presidential election, the Left hasn't been able to prove any wrong doing with PT, China now has to pay the US billions of dollars when they were given a free pass before, and now the coronavirus. Is this bad timing or planned timing? One of those Doctors in CA stated that on the death certificates, they are being pressured to put the cause of death as the coronavirus. He said something is going on. Now the YouTube video is taken down. Desperation causes desperate measures. Pelosi doesn't look upset over this virus going around. She's just looking to take advantage of this tragedy for political gain. This is a disgrace and anyone that doesn't see what is going on here is very naive.

Last edited by NYLIER; 04-29-2020 at 12:37 PM..

Old 04-29-2020, 12:04 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
In-person voting: you see the person who voted.

Mail-in voting: you don't see who voted.

The difference is that simple. Mail-in is a joke. It should only be allowed for medical or logistical reasons (e.g. military stationed overseas).

Old 04-29-2020, 02:06 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
For the record..I've been voting by mail for over ten years here in Wa state, so far so good, those on the right got the Donald, those on the left got Jay Inslee and quite a number of Democrats in the state and federal government. So again, this is just another peeing contest between ideologues, each casting aspersions at the other in hopes that someone reading here may just miraculously jump sides after being treated to a partisan diatribe by one of our usual suspects..
Washington State has had a stellar reputation for honest balloting. But all that has changed with the collection of over 36,000 ineligible ballots for the 2020 election. What changed?

Many were for failure to register political party.

Sounds like what happened to me a few years ago when I discovered that someone had changed my political affiliation without my consent. What a surprise that was!

Old 04-29-2020, 02:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
In-person voting: you see the person who voted.

Mail-in voting: you don't see who voted.

The difference is that simple. Mail-in is a joke. It should only be allowed for medical or logistical reasons (e.g. military stationed overseas).
Your vote is matched to your signature. Unless you are amazing at forging signatures, it won't match. Plus I heard a story where early on his voting life (late 60's/early 70's) my father had his father sign my father's line and so my father had to sign his father's line. Sr.'s and Jr.'s...

Old 04-29-2020, 03:37 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Washington State has had a stellar reputation for honest balloting. But all that has changed with the collection of over 36,000 ineligible ballots for the 2020 election. What changed?

Many were for failure to register political party.

Sounds like what happened to me a few years ago when I discovered that someone had changed my political affiliation without my consent. What a surprise that was!
I'd put money on the idea that back in the day, when we all went to the polls in person, there were bugs, not that the media didn't pick that up by design, no, I just think it wasn't a big deal back then-- a lot calmer populace and a hell of a lot less partisan squabbling. The two parties actually had some respect for each other back then, but that was before the likes of Karl Rove's bandwagon edicts came along..

Old 04-29-2020, 03:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
I'd put money on the idea that back in the day, when we all went to the polls in person, there were bugs, not that the media didn't pick that up by design, no, I just think it wasn't a big deal back then-- a lot calmer populace and a hell of a lot less partisan squabbling. The two parties actually had some respect for each other back then, but that was before the likes of Karl Rove's bandwagon edicts came along..
Yep. I mean the first iteration of the Whigs (not the modern Whig party) came about in the response to Andrew Jackson's election by the common (white) male voters. The Whigs thought that it was bad that the voting base was expanded. There was long allegations of parties buying votes with alcohol near polling places in the 1800's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies