Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 01:55 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
No one is blaming hmi for the pandemic, just for his inexcusably slow response and absence of leadership. Pay attention!
huh....he acted a lot sooner than the liberals wanted him to...they called him racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 02:08 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Trump has become such a liar that he is now lying about his lies. Trump has pathetically failed America as a leader. Trump's poor judgement has now lead to the deaths of more than 25,000 Americans. Even so there are some here who still try to defend this demented old man. They emulate Trump by attempting to shift the blame. They blame the media and the democrats for Trump's failures. Trump was a failure well before he was put into office and did it all on his own. Trump has now failed America and all Americans. This is the truth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6M6c_4YgyA

Trump must be removed from office otherwise many more good Americans will die because of his poor decisions and failure to enact proper protocol.

Old 04-14-2020, 02:11 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They don't care about us, the People that dig a bit deeper past the headlines. They are targeting the low information crowd...the "I don't care about the facts".... voters.

You mean like the fanatical Always Trumpers in here?

Old 04-14-2020, 02:29 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump has become such a liar that he is now lying about his lies. Trump has pathetically failed America as a leader. Trump's poor judgement has now lead to the deaths of more than 25,000 Americans. Even so there are some here who still try to defend this demented old man. They emulate Trump by attempting to shift the blame. They blame the media and the democrats for Trump's failures. Trump was a failure well before he was put into office and did it all on his own. Trump has now failed America and all Americans. This is the truth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6M6c_4YgyA

Trump must be removed from office otherwise many more good Americans will die because of his poor decisions and failure to enact proper protocol.
25,000? But the left told me millions were going to
Die? Also, is it Trumps fault that liberal strongholds like NY, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Detroit MI seem to be the biggest hot spots?

Old 04-14-2020, 03:04 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,231,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Do you honestly believe Hillary or Biden would have done any better? We know they would have kept the borders wide open, guaranteeing thousands of more deaths.
Exactly how do you know that?

Old 04-14-2020, 03:20 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Exactly how do you know that?

They would have botched it right from the very get go. Biden himself called Trump's travel ban xenophobic in January. After that, the democrats were encouraging everyone to visit Chinatown and Chinese restaurants in February. What more do you need to know about how a democratic politician would have handled this?

Old 04-14-2020, 03:21 PM

33,310 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
if only Nancy hadn't held on to that failed impeachment paperwork our government could have been focused on the virus in January instead of the Democrats failed impeachment then.

Impeachment didn't fail. Trump was impeached.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:30 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
To flip the coin - say Hilly was in charge and this Pandemic angel of death came upon us. I would bet that all the political right winged evangelicals would be in masses crying and preaching in the streets - that the wrath of God hath come upon this nation to punish us -for electing this unholy Jezabel the queen of Babylon brining damnation and death to all the wicked people ! I’m sure of it.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:31 PM

942 posts, read 562,202 times
Democrats blaming a white Christian male for their problems.

Where have I seen that before...

Old 04-14-2020, 03:51 PM

33,310 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I do.

Look at how Obama handled Ebola. Ebola you say? Only four cases in the USA and you want to compare it to COVID, you say?

Yes, Obama sent a team to Africa to address Ebola before it ever got to our shores, never really let it get here at all. Obama was criticized for everything he did (just like Trump), but didn't let it bother him. Why, you ask? Because Obama got his facts from scientists and experts, learned the subjects, and had confidence to not be bothered by his political detractors, compared to Trump, who is very bothered by his detractors, not because they are on the other team, but because he knows they are right.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/politics/2...of-coronavirus

Another, perhaps biased by nature, but did he get any facts wrong? https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/obam...-response.html

I didn't even read this entire article, but from a quick scan, it looks like he was wrong again, and he should have followed his own advice in 2020 and closed down borders, instead of claiming to close borders, with all of them virtually being open, INCLUDING travel from China: https://www.vox.com/2020/2/26/21154253/trump-ebola-tweets-coronavirus

I have quite a few unrelated policy differences with Obama, but the bolded is very important. I would also add that Trump is not only bothered by detractors because he knows they are right, he is also bothered by Obama because he knows Obama got Ebola right.

Quote:
I really don't have time to write this out for you, the info is there if you really wanted the truth, but yes, I believe either woudl have done better. They are both from an Admin who has a PROVEN TRACK RECORD of doing better than Trump did with COVID. Not that it is a very high standard, but that is what you asked. In fact, my neices pet gerbil probably would have screwed less things up than Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies