Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are a registered Democrat, and supported gun control did you recently buy a gun or want to bu
Yes I did buy a gun or want to soon 11 30.56%
No I will not buy a gun and still support gun control 25 69.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 02:26 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
And not all liberals support gun control, but you cannot tell that to a right-leaning C-D poster who thins every single liberal thinks the same exact way

So the poll was flawed from the get-gp
Flawed, yes, perhaps. But if one desired to split hairs the poll question asked registered Democrats. Not "liberals." Theres a difference twixt a run of the mill liberal and the new breed of leftist Democrat slam AOC and company.

A new breed that has me seeing liberals as the reasonable ones. I can actually have a conversation with a lib ed rally. Even if we dont agree. Which dependent on the subject we might.

My girlfriend isnt a liberal and she leaned pro gun restrictions. Till we got together. And even after she changed her mind she still didn't want to own a gun till recently.

Point is I reckon that left leaning C-D posters think every conservative thinks exactly the same way. I phrased the latter as an absolute on purpose with use of the term "every." Even though I dont believe in absolutes usually.

And don't still in this instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 02:46 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
It might shock you...I know several Conservatives that don't own guns...and I know several Liberals that do own guns.....

Old 04-15-2020, 02:53 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
H&K ... don't leave home without it.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:16 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. This liberal already owned a firearm, and a helluva lot of other liberals already owned firearms.

If I was gonna go out to buy a gun because of any recent event, that event would’ve been because Trump got elected and his supporters were acting pretty damn truculent for the first few years afterwards. You know...like they were gonna settle some old scores.
LOL be honest that absolutely sounds like more than a few Obama supporters after he was elected. Not to mention, how many white liberals, suddenly formed and over developed sense of societal guilt.

The poll didn't have enough choices.
For example:
Democrat already own an arsenal

Democrat , was already shopping for a nice Judge, grizzly mag or IMI Desert Eagle.

Very liberal democrat already own matching Lady Smiths with custom pink grips.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:18 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
I know a guy that hunts and when the subject of "assault weapons" came up he would always spout off that nobody needs an AR-15. Guess what he bought two weeks ago? Now I wouldn't identify him as a liberal but it is a perfect example how people can change their tune.

I personally don't think we are at the point where social unrest is probable.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:16 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I try to explain to these "gun nuts" that one cannot just shoot a gun.
Yet here we have many that carry a small hand gun in pocket.

The laws in many states do not allow the shooting of a firearm willy nilly.

In my state one cannot fire a hand gun in a thickly settled area - such as their yard.
We had a fellow here who spent a year in jail for firing his handgun in the air when someone entered his driveway.
In this particular case he was not living in a thickly settled area.

In most states one will go to jail for using "unnecessary force" - using a firearm.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:33 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Last week I got a IM from a co-worker asking me for advice on what handgun to buy, but he was the last person I would ever think asking me about buying a handgun.

We sometimes get into debates over gun control in the past he has always indicated his position was guns should be restricted to law enforcement, and hunting.

I asked him why he was buying a gun now he said the current events have changed his mind. He was concerned that if there were to be civil unrest police might not be able to respond he needed something to protect his family.
If your co worker doesn't convince you he is going to invest the time and measures in becoming a responsible gun owner, you should talk him out of buying one.

Truth.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:52 AM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
There was no choice for "No, I already have more than enough firepower on hand."

Don't assume that Liberals are not gun owners. They are, and they know how to use them.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. This liberal already owned a firearm, and a helluva lot of other liberals already owned firearms.

If I was gonna go out to buy a gun because of any recent event, that event would’ve been because Trump got elected and his supporters were acting pretty damn truculent for the first few years afterwards. You know...like they were gonna settle some old scores.
That was the last one I bought, to go in a bug out bag.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I know a guy that hunts and when the subject of "assault weapons" came up he would always spout off that nobody needs an AR-15. Guess what he bought two weeks ago? Now I wouldn't identify him as a liberal but it is a perfect example how people can change their tune.

30 rounds are totally useless for anything other than a fireworks display unless you can hit something.

I'll stick with a 12-gauge 3" load of BBs for defense, thanks. It's not an attention getter until you use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies