Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2020, 10:52 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How does funding the World Health Organization make a difference to us one way or the other?

Remove Trump from the equation... other than being part of the club, what's the benefit?
I think the better question is to consider the chilling effect it has on worldwide collaboration of medical and health issues. Contrary to popular belief in nationalist quarters, the United States now or has ever had an exclusive on breakthrough ideas in the field of medicine that have benefited mankind. There's not a one of us that aren't living a healthier, more productive life thorough the efforts of scientists, doctors and health professionals located on all point of the globe.

To in any way impede or trivialize the importance of that worldwide collaboration, and especially over something as petty as blame shifting over a global pandemic goes beyond the pale. Don't believe for one moment, maybe not today, tomorrow, next week or next year that this action won't cost lives not only overseas, but right here in the good old USA. When it does we've only ourselves and our willingness to support or condone such a shallow thinking leader that would conceive such an action in the first place.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:07 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I think the better question is to consider the chilling effect it has on worldwide collaboration of medical and health issues. Contrary to popular belief in nationalist quarters, the United States now or has ever had an exclusive on breakthrough ideas in the field of medicine that have benefited mankind. There's not a one of us that aren't living a healthier, more productive life thorough the efforts of scientists, doctors and health professionals located on all point of the globe.

To in any way impede or trivialize the importance of that worldwide collaboration, and especially over something as petty as blame shifting over a global pandemic goes beyond the pale. Don't believe for one moment, maybe not today, tomorrow, next week or next year that this action won't cost lives not only overseas, but right here in the good old USA. When it does we've only ourselves and our willingness to support or condone such a shallow thinking leader that would conceive such an action in the first place.
We still give a ton of money directly to numerous nations.

I guess in answering my question, you are saying collaboration from other countries is a benefit - although I'm not sure the WHO participates in that by definition.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
We still give a ton of money directly to numerous nations.

I guess in answering my question, you are saying collaboration from other countries is a benefit - although I'm not sure the WHO participates in that by definition.
History proves that out.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:20 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Good riddance. The WHO we have now is either corrupt or incompetent, and likely both. The best way to change the the WHO for the better at this point is to defund it.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:22 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
History proves that out.
I haven't paid much attention - which is why I asked the question. Do you recall any examples?

Old 04-14-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I haven't paid much attention - which is why I asked the question. Do you recall any examples?
Pull up any list of the most influential physicians in history. SPOILER: They ain't all Americans.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:41 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
All the money (about $400 million) that would have been wasted by giving it to the WHO should be used for all Americans who were affected by the damage the WHO and China caused.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:44 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Unfund the U N next, both worthless organizations.
WHO - Worthless Health Organization.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:52 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Well, since W.H.O. is basically a puppet of China, then let China fund them... In legal and in “above the board” ways. Without doubt, China bought off these UN officials with side payments.

I know many will not believe this since these are the same people who believe that China is telling the truth on anything related to this virus, to include their total deaths due to the failed CCP actions.

Trump played this right... He basically put both the UN and China on notice and in the long run, it’s going to be China, who is going to have to make up the cash difference to keep their UN mouth piece up and running in order to spread their propaganda. But, in the end, China will do what China does best, walk away.

So, in the Big Picture, the W.H.O. just phoocked themselves!! And I’m also sure that other anti-American, yet highly funded by the United States, programs are taking notice of this action.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:25 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
WHO especially Tedros Ghebreyesus have blood on their hands. They can change the name to China Heath organization.
You got that right!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies