Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 01:11 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
The largest study done so far on hydroxychloroquine and covid-19 (done in France) shows that it has no beneficial effect.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...it-coronavirus

I’m just curious about why so many people on this board and elsewhere who have not had Covid nor this medication are so invested in proving it is a miracle drug. There is sparse anecdotal evidence to suggest it may have some effect, but absolutely no scientific evidence to show that it is some miracle drug. Why are you so invested in this particular drug being the silver bullet?
here's why:

If it turns out the drug doesn't cure Covid-19:
Democrats: "Too bad"
Republicans: "Too bad"

If the drug turns out to be a miracle cure:
Democrats: "Good"
Republicans: "Trump is a genius!"

Old 04-15-2020, 01:11 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Not sure why your headline states that Wilson "admits" she took hydroxychloroquine? Like she was confessing to some crime.

I'm glad she is recovering, but I wouldn't say "its good it worked for her". Since 98% of people with the virus survive, and 90% of people hospitalized survive, chances are she would have recovered with or without the drug. There is no way to tell if it did her any good or not.
Because she did admit it. Dang people, stop reading into it so much.
And, if you read it like that, how many people on the view would admit it to it? None, CNN, MSNBC, NONE.
God forbid they have a smidgen of alignment with Trump.
But, this thread wasnt about Trump, or bipartisanship. It turned into it, showing peoples true colors.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:13 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
here's why:

If it turns out the drug doesn't cure Covid-19:
Democrats: "Too bad"
Republicans: "Too bad"

If the drug turns out to be a miracle cure:
Democrats: "Good"
Republicans: "Trump is a genius!"
Thats so atypical of the left so state something like this.
Trump was expressing what his medical advisors stated. Get over yourselves.
Once we find a cure for this little virus, we will move on.
Ignore list is getting full..

Old 04-15-2020, 01:14 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,902,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
As an over the counter, ZICAM helped my uncle allot.. I dont know how zinc helps, but he breathed allot better..

Viruses don't like zinc. That's why they sell Vit C w/ zinc lozenges.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:33 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm glad to hear she survived, despite having taken that unproven and potentially deadly drug.

Unproven = been successfully prescribed less than a hundred years.

Wilson is more in danger from Loony Leftists in Hollywood who will now shun her. TDS is strong in Tinsel Town. Don't doubt me on this.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:35 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
We all perceive (hear) things differently when we watch Trump speak. He was quite sure the drug was going to be the panacea. Watch his body language, hear his tone, see his enthusiasm. He pitched it like a wonder drug. No, he didn't say it was the cure, but he was enthusiastic enough that Fauci had to tamp him down 10 minutes later and give the reality.
Maybe it was when he said "What do you have to lose?"

Old 04-15-2020, 01:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Until the blind test are completed, the effectiveness on Covid 19 is unknown. It helps some and not others. At what stage into Covid 19 is it given? From what I've been reading, that matters. And the overall health and age of the patient.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Until the blind test are completed, nobody really knows. The medical community will decide, not fans of the POTUS.
France released the results from their small study.
84 received HCQ 97 did not.
“No evidence of clinical efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalized for COVID-19.“ 8 had to be removed from the study due to heart issues caused by the drug.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....10.20060699v1

Old 04-15-2020, 01:57 PM

15,816 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Yes, early studies haven't raised much hope for this drug, at least in the context of hospitalized severe patients. The larger studies should help clarify the situation. I'm still hoping though it may prove useful for early intervention, before a high-risk patient is hospitalized and the virus has multiplied out of control. We'll likely need more studies though to determine its efficacy.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:35 PM

6,335 posts, read 2,888,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Its unknown if it actually did anything to help her and the side effects nearly killed her.
It was COVID that nearly killed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
France released the results from their small study.
84 received HCQ 97 did not.
“No evidence of clinical efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalized for COVID-19.“ 8 had to be removed from the study due to heart issues caused by the drug.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....10.20060699v1
It says:

This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:38 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm glad to hear she survived, despite having taken that unproven and potentially deadly drug.
Yup, crazy stuff. The drug has been used for over 60 years, and it's still an unproven and potentially deadly drug? Just crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.