Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 05:26 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

From what I read, their symptoms were not severe, so its odd she would take such medication.

The side effects she describes are in line with my experiences from the -80s when I was taking it while living in Africa.

“the chloroquine had such extreme side effects,” She said. “I was completely nauseous, and I had vertigo. I could not walk, and my muscles felt very weak.”

It can be fatal to elderly people who has underlying conditions, and 90% of people who have been hospitalized with C19 have such conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I wonder why Rita Wilson's, and Hanks' Docs prescribed Chloroquine & not Hydroxychloroquine? Rita most likely would not have had the nasty side effects that she endured with the harsher Chloroquine
I think they were in Australia.

I would not take anything for a virus which has 99% survival rate. Its absurd people take such drugs and then claim it saved their lives, when they were going to survive no matter what. Personally I am pretty sure I had this virus around new year, and didn't take anything except Advil for the aches. Did Advil save my life?

With malaria, Hydroxychloroquine is used to prevent it, and Chloroquine is used to both prevent and treat it. As for C19, I believe the doctors are looking into that, and other drugs, to see if it kills the virus. You would think they'd know by now, but apparently they do not.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-15-2020 at 05:40 AM..

Old 04-15-2020, 05:31 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Steve, stop it. That drug has been around for ages. People have been taking it since the 50's for malaria etc. Read up on it buddy. Take the Rx amount, and be done with it.
Her side effects were actually normal for it.. Ask any military person, for example, that has taken it..
And, even aspirin can be deadly, but you arent freaking about that.
And she didnt take the better version of it, which Trump is talking about hydroxychloroquine, (Plaquenil), but, I am sure you new that, as she took the generic Chloroquine. GENERIC.
But, if you read my post initially you would have figured that out.
Nearly everyone knows all of this ^^^ by now, but some are blinded by partisanship, and think inaccurate posts here are going to change some "low information voters" opinion on who, or what, to vote for/against.

Misinformation, ommitting facts, & taking quotes out of context, works well for the media, but this is a more educated audience who are much more likely to seek out facts.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:34 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
I wonder why Rita Wilson's, and Hanks' Docs prescribed Chloroquine & not Hydroxychloroquine? Rita most likely would not have had the nasty side effects that she endured with the harsher Chloroquine.

Another Hollywood star, Daniel Dae Kim took Hydroxychloroquine, and said it helped him to recover, and had no side effects.

Add these 2 to the other Million+ who had a postive outcome using these "anecdotal" meds.
You have no idea if it helped or not and using the word “likely” isn’t science. I dont know the reason for these many posts on the drug other than to make it seem as if Trump discovered a miracle drug and I would love to see the millions that it helped documented, short of that you are just making it up. If someone’s doctor wants to prescribe it there is nothing preventing them, in the meantime leave the science to the health experts.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:42 AM

2,495 posts, read 866,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You have no idea if it helped or not and using the word “likely” isn’t science. I dont know the reason for these many posts on the drug other than to make it seem as if Trump discovered a miracle drug and I would love to see the millions that it helped documented, short of that you are just making it up. If someone’s doctor wants to prescribe it there is nothing preventing them, in the meantime leave the science to the health experts.
Democratic hijinx like this don't make it easy for doctors to prescribe:

"At the hospital, Whitsett learned that the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, under Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, had issued a state order prohibiting the use of hydroxychloroquine. Though that order was retracted several days later, at the time, Whitsett struggled to get her hands on the medication."

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michig...aved-her-life/

Old 04-15-2020, 05:46 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
I don't understand why people think the side effects are a deal breaker....
This drug has been around forever and the side effects were considered just part of the deal, and that is why the drug was administered without hesitation before you flew to certain parts of the world.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:55 AM

366 posts, read 110,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Its unknown if it actually did anything to help her and the side effects nearly killed her.
Because she took CQ, not HCQ. Trump spoke of the latter

Old 04-15-2020, 05:56 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm glad to hear she survived, despite having taken that unproven and potentially deadly drug.
Potentially deadly but after taken billions of times by millions of people, it hasn't killed yet...in contrast with covid-19.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:56 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I don't understand why people think the side effects are a deal breaker....
This drug has been around forever and the side effects were considered just part of the deal, and that is why the drug was administered without hesitation before you flew to certain parts of the world.
Not without hesitation. It is not given to people with certain pre-conditions, and 90% people who are hospitalized with C19 have pre-conditions and are on medication which might interact with Chloroquine. As you might know most elderly are taking some meds.

Testing the drug is not an anti-trump conspiracy. There IS a reason why they are testing it.

Chloroquine Drug Interactions

A total of 377 drugs are known to interact with chloroquine.

66 major drug interactions
296 moderate drug interactions
15 minor drug interactions

20% of Americans suffer from anxiety disorders, and are likely taking drugs like Xanax, and they should NOT be given these drugs, because of drug interaction.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:04 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Democratic hijinx like this don't make it easy for doctors to prescribe:

"At the hospital, Whitsett learned that the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, under Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, had issued a state order prohibiting the use of hydroxychloroquine. Though that order was retracted several days later, at the time, Whitsett struggled to get her hands on the medication."

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michig...aved-her-life/
Yes, and Whitsett was just on the news this morning, she expressed concern that she was only able to pull strings and get it - likely saving her life - because if her position, while the “regular folks” (you know, the type leftists say they care about) could not.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:05 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Nearly everyone knows all of this ^^^ by now, but some are blinded by partisanship, and think inaccurate posts here are going to change some "low information voters" opinion on who, or what, to vote for/against.

Misinformation, ommitting facts, & taking quotes out of context, works well for the media, but this is a more educated audience who are much more likely to seek out facts.

That's exactly what you did when you said this:

Quote:
Add these 2 to the other Million+ who had a postive outcome using these "anecdotal" meds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies