Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 07:38 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari_Warrior_Danju View Post
BIG SHOCK! I didn't know China was so prejudice, I thought they were world leaders in multi-culturalism and ethnic diversity!
I don't think now is the time or the place for snark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 08:43 AM

3,075 posts, read 3,262,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I thought only old white men were racists...

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...152633646.html
Wait, so one McDonald's puts a racist sign up and that translates into 1.5B people being racists?

Old 04-15-2020, 08:55 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I thought only old white men were racists...

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...152633646.html
The Chinese, and E Asian countries in general have a very racist side to them. They can show a particular harshness towards Blacks, but it's no just Blacks they disdain.

Different E and SE Asian countries even have racist views on other Asians. Like the tribal divisions in African areas. Racial integrity is a big thing. Children of mixed heritage often find life to be less than pleasant.

Truly, those who think racism is a problem in the US need to spend some time in Asia. They would find the experience...enlightening.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:57 AM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Wait, so one McDonald's puts a racist sign up and that translates into 1.5B people being racists?
Are you denying that racism is prevalent in East Asia? I would argue that Japan is more racist than the USA, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The Chinese, and E Asian countries in general have a very racist side to them. They can show a particular harshness towards Blacks, but it's no just Blacks they disdain.

Different E and SE Asian countries even have racist views on other Asians. Like the tribal divisions in African areas. Racial integrity is a big thing. Children of mixed heritage often find life to be less than pleasant.

Truly, those who think racism is a problem in the US need to spend some time in Asia. They would find the experience...enlightening.
There are many reports that whites were denied entry to man restaurants as well, over fear of the coronavirus. Imagine if such a thing was prevalent over here? I know of only 1 case where a Chinese citizen was denied a room at a hotel in the USA over concerns of the virus.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:01 AM

3,075 posts, read 3,262,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Are you denying that racism is prevalent in East Asia?
How does my statement in any way imply that?

Old 04-15-2020, 09:03 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
yeah agreed.

It certainly is not the white people, black people, or brown people who claim fancy asians = Japanese, chinese, korean, jungle asians = Vietnamese, Cambodians, etc, etc. All asians are the same, but somehow, they have to discriminate against each other . lol It doesn't get any dumber than that.

Asians (many of them) can be super racists. Don't play the victim card all the time. Look at yourself in the mirror first before pointing finger at others.

Look how the Chinese treat their own people from Wuhan, scary to say the least!

My brother joined the Marine corps after high school, and since he is 1/4 Japanese, boy oh boy, the old Asians folks think there is something wrong with my brother and my brother must be dumb. (translation: their asian children are so much better than my brother)

Nope, my brother was a straight A student, a talented artist, a star athlete, and a fitness model (well, it has nothing to do with intelligence, but thought I'd brag =) He's a patriotic person and a damned good Marine. Period. what can I say? Jealousy is an ugly thing. lol My brother graduated from UC Berkeley, and he is running his own million dollar business. Who is laughing now?

This said, not every Asian is a racist or a bigot, but many of them can be. Time to face the fact and start treating all races equal. There is no such a thing as model minority. Give me a break, lol

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-15-2020 at 09:15 AM..

Old 04-15-2020, 09:33 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Are you denying that racism is prevalent in East Asia? I would argue that Japan is more racist than the USA, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same in China.

There are many reports that whites were denied entry to man restaurants as well, over fear of the coronavirus. Imagine if such a thing was prevalent over here? I know of only 1 case where a Chinese citizen was denied a room at a hotel in the USA over concerns of the virus.
If things suddenly started to be like China in the US in terms of racial views there would be cities on fire in every state. I haven't been to China, but I have to Japan. And the two are quite similar as to views on race.

As I understand it SE Asia, Vietnam, Laos et al, are hard line as well. Things are pretty much the same throughout Asia. My Dad and others I knew who were in Vietnam multiple tours all said the same thing about their experiences.

Mixed race children of Vietnamese mothers were often murdered. Often by their mothers or by her relatives. That's just the way it is. And these Asian people could care less about world opinion.

They dont care a dried rat turd in a twister if people in the US or anywhere call them racists. That word has no stigma to them. Go ahead and call them racist. You may as well call them by their given name for all they care.

They'll still drown biracial babies with gusto and zeal. It means no more to them than tossing out a dead rat. And the mothers that gave birth to these children may be disposed of as well. For dishonoring the family.

E and SE asia still have some very traditional regions. Jaoan and S Korea and places in China that or Westernized dont act quite so brutally. But their opinions are still strong.

I got involved with a Chinese girl in high school. Her family were first gen immigrants. They flipped when they found out about she and I. She was forbidden to even talk to me again.

And sadly she never did. Theres no Romeo and Juliet twist to that story. I was a qui lo. End of line. Large parts of E and SE Asia are far from being progressive.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:39 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I got involved with a Chinese girl in high school. Her family were first gen immigrants. They flipped when they found out about she and I. She was forbidden to even talk to me again.

There are many Chinese women who want to marry western men. I have a cousin who is a bit "slow", he got his mail order bride from China and the woman seemed to be nice at the very beginning. After two years of "marriage", we found out my cousin is still a virgin. She dumped my cousin and married another loser western man. lol

Many Chinese want mixed babies, or want their babies to look westerners. Her family's fake outrage is laughable.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:49 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
Wonder if African nations will follow this call to expel Chinese from their countries...

https://kenyanreport.com/2020/04/10/...uses-in-china/

Old 04-16-2020, 09:02 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Curious how some of the same people that are quick to highlight racism in China, are the very same people that then ignore, deny, and downplay acts of racism against Asian Americans across America. These people will say that these hate crimes in America are all 'fake' and 'exaggerated.'

Double standards anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies