Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2020, 08:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Just because your daughter is a nurse does not mean she is not a leftist snowflake. I have family in Michigan....they hate this woman and they hate her lockdown. As the presence of thousands in the state capital prove there are many many Michigan people who hate her too. The dictator wannabe is Trump’s best asset up there. “That woman from Michigan” May have gifted Michigan to Trump. People up there are livid.
Have another deep draught of that kool-aid you've been swallowing. It enhances your charming personality.

And thanks for confirming that this is a Trumpie stunt, all about national politics and nothing about the health and well being of the people of Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 08:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Because she's a dunce. And a witch.

Seriously, she represents and defines the authoritarian approach that leftists love so much, and those of us on the right fear.
Are you from Michigan, or are you from Trumpieland USA generally?

Old 04-16-2020, 08:49 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It's also currently snowing, so I doubt many folks are planting any veggies at the moment.

Because it's snowing doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to buy tomato seeds. Or anything else for that matter.

Some folks just need someone else to tell them how to live, I suppose.

CN

Old 04-16-2020, 08:56 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Just because your daughter is a nurse does not mean she is not a leftist snowflake. I have family in Michigan....they hate this woman and they hate her lockdown. As the presence of thousands in the state capital prove there are many many Michigan people who hate her too. The dictator wannabe is Trump’s best asset up there. “That woman from Michigan” May have gifted Michigan to Trump. People up there are livid.
If you actually had family healthcare workers that work on the front lines in a hospital you would understand the problems, the actions of these people in Lansing are jeopardizing nurses and doctors not to mention other citizens.

Much easier for to give people the easy answers rather than make tough decisions. I have respect for governors that have made these difficult and unpopular choices like DeSantis and others just leaving the decisions up to the local mayors.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:03 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Because it's snowing doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to buy tomato seeds. Or anything else for that matter.

Some folks just need someone else to tell them how to live, I suppose.

CN

There is nothing stopping me from buying seeds or plants.

In fact, our new push-mower, string trimmer and fertilizer just got delivered about an hour ago. Easy, peasy.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:09 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
When will Biden & the DNC signal to the MSM that Whitmer's out of the VP race?

I'm thinking this Friday, we'll start seeing articles hinting at it.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:15 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
We don't typically agree on much, but you and I are certainly on the same page here.

We, as Michiganders, brought this on ourselves more than the State dropped the ball.

My experience up here in Lansing/East Lansing is very much the same as yours. We even saw large and obvious Easter gatherings at homes in our neighborhood.

If we act like irresponsible children, we should expect to get treated like irresponsible children.
That is the problem I have with your viewpoint. You don't punish all people because of a view idiots. Yes, I realize there are a percentage of people who do dumb things. However, this is America and you will not get away with that. A better idea is to patrol the parks and other areas to make sure people are keeping their distance.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:19 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
There is nothing stopping me from buying seeds or plants.

In fact, our new push-mower, string trimmer and fertilizer just got delivered about an hour ago. Easy, peasy.
And I went to the local Bass Pro Shop yesterday and picked up a few things I need for the boat that were broken or for maintenance. They were doing the right thing and only allowing 50 people in the entire store at a time. I kept my distance from others and got in and out no problem. Spent the day working outside by myself getting things done on the boat. That is the smart way to do it. Nothing wrong with places being open as long as they have limits. If someone gets too close to me I move or give them the 'stay back' look. No reason to shut everything down, just change how we operate.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:46 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
I suspect your family members in Michigan will just fall in love with my pretty blond daughter and mom of two toddlers when they need her in a big hospital in western Michigan.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:59 AM

17,622 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
I suspect your family members in Michigan will just fall in love with my pretty blond daughter and mom of two toddlers when they need her in a big hospital in western Michigan.
Until she opens her yap and starts talking politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies