Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 11:25 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....you can say what you want.....however, Michigan went from being the state with the 3rd most cases down to the state with the 8th most cases. It's daily rate of new infections has dropped from well over a 1,000 new cases a day....to barely over 200 the last day reported.

You can knock what she is doing all you want....it appears to be working, however.
Gov. Whitmer knows what she’s doing, unlike the orange man sitting in the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 11:27 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Gov. Whitmer knows what she’s doing, unlike the orange man sitting in the White House.
You mean she knows how to violate the Constitution, daily. I don't see the President doing that.

Can't wait for the law suits after this SCAM is over.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You mean she knows how to violate the Constitution, daily. I don't see the President doing that.
Oh, so Trump’s threat to “shut down Twitter,” even though it is a private enterprise, would not be against the Constitution?

Gov. Whitmer is doing a great job of slowing the Covid in her state. Wish Trump was as smart and as brave as Gretchen is.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Oh, so Trump’s threat to “shut down Twitter,” even though it is a private enterprise, would not be against the Constitution?
Twitter is behaving like a UTILITY. What does that have to do with Whitmer?

Quote:
Gov. Whitmer is doing a great job of slowing the Covid in her state. Wish Trump was as smart and as brave as Gretchen is.
Oh, boo hoo, the mean virus might get me. I'ms so concerned!

Old 05-27-2020, 11:57 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I find the boat dock story a bit too convenient to believe, personally. Maybe Whitmer's husband really is that dumb, but I'm skeptical.

I agree that the travel to Elk Rapids was bad optics, but anyone could have (and many, many did) driven up to their property in the north over the weekend - it was no longer restricted. A bad decision, IMO, but not exactly Earth shattering.
Quote:
Yes, to make rules for the plebeians to obey?

Old 05-27-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Yeah, those stupes need advice!

Old 05-27-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
ILLEGAL Orders, Lock Downs and forced economic collapse are NOT effing 'ADVICE".

We don't take kindly to Royalty here in the U.S. and Governor Adolf needs to watch it. Citizens are not "stupes". THEY pay her salary and pay for everything else. She works for THEM.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Those in power would be far less prone to lock down if they and their families had to follow their own rules.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
....and Gretchen "queen" Whitmer of MI exhibit behavior far more closely aligned to dictators and kings/queens than Trump ever would.
Like asking people not to boat near Traverse City, Michigan so she and her husband could have to lake to themselves and their guests?

I repped this post.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:33 PM

10,063 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
Like asking people not to boat near Traverse City, Michigan so she and her husband could have to lake to themselves and their guests?

I repped this post.
Yeah, exactly! Whitmer is an entitled, power hungry, VP-wannabe governor who is using the COVID-19 scenario to audition for Biden's VP slot.

However, this sh*tshow power grab she has exhibited the past couple of months has most likely destroyed not only any chance for a VP slot, but has also most likely destroyed her future governorship in Michigan.

I'm sure she will be a one term governor now, and also most likely going to be hit with a ton of lawsuits over her dictator style of mismanagement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies