Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 04:22 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
And yet, here you are, freely speaking and associating with other people on the internet.

So, the internet is now the only place we can practice free speech? Why are Progressives so OK with just giving up their rights, freedoms, and liberties. Is it a LACK of belief in oneself? Ratchet down the fear and insecurity and live life as a free person!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 04:25 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Those that say we should comply with these restrictions are a huge part of the problem. This is all about
power and control and shredding the constitution. Stripping people of their rights is the playbook of the left.

Drs Fauci & Birx should be prosecuted along with the CDC and Bill Gates funded IHME. They have an agenda
that has nothing to do with "health". It's a globalist attempted coup.

Look at the numbers, they don't make sense. It's a flu folks, no worse than a regular seasonal flu. The masks,
gloves and social distancing don't do crap except to make us sheep. Panic and hysteria have replaced
common sense.

What is actually worse, losing our constitutional freedoms or hiding under the bed to avoid a made up
pandemic?

Seeing people all masked up makes me sick to my stomach. Americans should be stronger and smarter than this. We've become a nation of sheep and we need to come together and fight back against this power grab.

If we give this kind of power to government we'll never be truly free again. As for myself, I'd rather take my
chances with this overhyped "disease" than give in to the loss of freedom.
Sigh.

I give up. Nobody reads stuff anymore before replying.

I was trying to get people engaged in a discussion about our civil liberties at a fundamental level, and get people thinking about the 1st Amendment, which is what this thing is actually about, instead of the 2nd Amendment, which is what people will make it about, but nobody here is interested in anything they have to actually give any real thought to. They just want to yell at each other without even understanding why they're yelling.

That's fine. I can do that, too. It sure is a lot easier than having a thoughtful discussion, and those little dopamine hits you get when you put someone down feel great, don't they?

Whatever. Y'all have a nice day.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:37 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I'm still trying to figure out which rights I'm being stripped of. Can't for the life of me figure it out. Maybe I started happy hour a little too early today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Drs Fauci & Birx should be prosecuted along with the CDC and Bill Gates funded IHME. They have an agenda
that has nothing to do with "health". It's a globalist attempted coup.
Are you freakin' serious? OMG, get a grip.

Quote:
Look at the numbers, they don't make sense. It's a flu folks, no worse than a regular seasonal flu.
All the facts out there - readily available to anyone with an internet connection or the ability to read - and you still are spouting this nonsense? As a dear, departed friend of mine always used to say: Christ on a cracker.

Quote:
What is actually worse, losing our constitutional freedoms or hiding under the bed to avoid a made up
pandemic?
If you're hiding under the bed, you're doing it wrong. And which constitutional freedoms have we lost, exactly?

Quote:
Seeing people all masked up makes me sick to my stomach.
Hearing people who can't understand basic science makes me pretty nauseous myself.

Quote:
we need to come together and fight back against this power grab.
What power is being grabbed, exactly? Please elaborate.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Yeah -- sure --- but on the Democrat Governors are seeing protests...all part of the political bull@#$% in this country.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:17 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
There are lots of things the government won't allow on the internet.

Wake up.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:16 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
LOL.

When you find out how mistaken you are in your assumption about what this is regarding, you're going to feel REALLY dumb.

Read the letter. Sheesh. It's like two pages, and it's a formal communication between a number of governors and the federal government.
I thought those instructions were already out there?

Old 04-16-2020, 02:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Governors across the country want to ban GUN blueprints

[Since people seem to be too lazy to click the link and read the document, but not too lazy to post a comment in the thread they don't understand, I had to change the title. I thought some here would appreciate what I thought was a decent set-up for a discussion, but I guess people just want to read as little as possible, form an uninformed opinion and fire off a quick response about their assumptions. Too bad. Things used to be somewhat different here, at least a little. Now it's just Twitter, with more than 280 characters.]

The governors of Washington, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin and DC have all conspired to petition the federal government to limit your right to free expression under the Constitution of the United States.

They're demanding that the federal government strip you of your right and ability to freely share information which they deem you to be too irresponsible or untrustworthy to access.

This case and issue was already settled, and the federal government backed down. Now, the governors of these states are ginning up fear in the populace for support in their challenge to what's already been determined by the federal government, and they're doing it for a singular reason - to strip you of 1st Amendment right to free speech.

I'm sure many at this point are asking, "What are you talking about?"

Before you read the letter which is the reason for this post, you should first take a moment to consciously decide where you stand on the right to freely exchange information. Do that now, and remember where you stand as you continue.

Click the link below to read the letter from these governors to the feds. As you do, you're going to be led to believe that this is about something other than speech, but it most certainly is not. This is a direct attack on our right to free expression. That's ALL it is.

https://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazona...20StateAGs.pdf
watch what the Governor of New Jersey says about the Bill of Rights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMA09YAjEXY

Old 04-16-2020, 04:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your link reeks of Moscow propaganda.
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...94642858577925

What did he just say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies