Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:25 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
See that's your porblem. You keep thinking it's about YOU.
Nah, I really don't have a problem here, nice try though.

I thought that neekah18 did a very good job of concisely getting to a point as to how significant progress could be made. If you disagree with her, that is certainly your prerogative.

I always appreciate a clear and concise posting, with decent content...

Old 04-25-2008, 07:27 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
Instilling values such as being married BEFORE you have children,
there's nothing wrong with having kids before your married
that shouldnt be a reason

Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
I thought I made it pretty clear. We need to start by educating ourselves and children. Instilling values such as being married BEFORE you have children, KNOW the person you are having children with, and PROVIDE for your children. Become involved in your community by joining the PTA and actually coming out to vote when there is a school board election. Also we need some soliditary as a people. We don't stick together or support one another unless it's for a party at a club where ladies are free before 12!!!
I agree with you so much about the having children out of wedlock. It needs to be discouraged though it's becoming so culturally acceptable that I can't see how to even slow it down much less stop it.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times
Default Whaaaaaaa!!

1. Advantages
2. Education
3. Fear of getting killed from their own race and cops!!
4. Doubt
5. Environment (Living Conditions).

Friend! I'm from one of the worst places on Earth for any one- Black, White, Red or Brown.

I was very lucky! My mom told me that there is no reason to be poor and dirty, be poor and clean! Get educated and get out of the Trap!

Really their is no excuse! If you live in a Ghetto-- Get out of it!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:12 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,887 times
You know, a lot of us still have a slave mentality. What I mean by that is that alot of us are still bound by the mental chains that at one point determined where who we, what our value was , where we were to live etc.
When you top that with the racism that still exists your "dead in the water".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I am saying in a genral sense. Now there are many,many successful blacks in this country but there are still waaaay to many the dwell at the bottom. I do understand racism but I really would like to take that out of the equation and look at things that blacks themsleves can do. We, blacks, cannot control the way whites treat us not can we make them change that kind of behavior but we can controll ourselves.

So what can we do to get a more stable footing in America? I ask this question because I sure would like to do more than just mentor black kids, I don'think I'm doing enough, that is far from enough. Blacks have to do much more. I would like to hear any suggestions or opinions........

Old 05-27-2008, 12:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
You know, a lot of us still have a slave mentality. What I mean by that is that alot of us are still bound by the mental chains that at one point determined where who we, what our value was , where we were to live etc.
When you top that with the racism that still exists your "dead in the water".
I can understand this.But it must be broken,believe in yourself,respect yourself (no matter what race you are) and with determination success and respect will likely come on some level.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:38 PM

413 posts, read 782,729 times
Data show Nigerians the most educated in the U.S. | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,652 times
Here is my opinion, with no sugar added..... This is a pure generalization, and not speaking for all BUT I feel that blacks overall don't have the same drive and motivation for success. You could argue why (history, discrimination ect....), but that is not what I am posting this. For example, who don't more blacks move out of bad areas, or move to areas with better schools? In my opinion, the doors have been opened for everyone to have equal oportunity to succeed. For instance, the vast majority of colleges WANT diversity, so it almost may give minorities the upper hand on that aspect. Too many people in this country like to blame blame blame for the reason that they don't have the life they want. Instead of taking steps to change, they blame society! I read an article the other day about how the black middle class population is booming. More people need to look up to successful black men and women and ask them how they did it.

If you want a peice of the pie, you will get it if you are willing to work for it.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 PM

413 posts, read 782,729 times
Blacks don't succeed anywhere on Earth, so you don't have to feel bad.
South Africans and African Americans milk the White cow.

IQ and Global Inequality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Politician - IQ Differences: Do they exist and can we admit it? (http://globalpolitician.com/24460-iq-race - broken link)

Last edited by Frenchman; 05-27-2008 at 01:20 PM..

Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Why are blacks having a hard time succeeding?

The same reasons as everyone else who do not succeed.

It is simple but true.

There are many people of every race and culture that are not a success and that have succeeded greatly.

Oh yes, the main reason for everyone is lack of personal responsibility and wanting to blame their own actions on something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies