Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 08:12 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
By their rank; it ain't rocket science. The lower ranks have been doing it for a millennia.
Sir, Yes sir? Admiral yes Admiral? Yeah I am going to go with the, sir yes sir.

Nope this is just another PC drill that has little or no upside to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 08:48 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
https://thepostmillennial.com/canadi...dered-pronouns

Why are we letting freaks and weirdos hold our society hostage?

Are you serious? What are you talking about? I don't understand your question, it doesn't make any sense. Did you read and understand the article you posted? I don't think you understood it.

How could any other country's written military report policies be any of American society's business and how could their reporting policies in any way be holding your own society hostage?

Seriously ..... how could somebody else's official reporting policies have any effect on your own society when it has nothing to do with your society?

Old 04-17-2020, 09:20 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The reports in question, had you bothered to read the previous post showing the exact memo in question, you would realized they're not "reports" - they are Personal Performance Reviews only written when promotions are pending.

No one's going to get killed over a letter of recommendation using the pronoun "their" or "they" versus "he" or "she" to describe their performance.

There is no confusion resulting from a use of a different pronoun to describe the performance of the same person.
One never knows these things for certain - one thing I've learnt from business and managing people, is not to create systemic ambiguity within a system.

Military even more so.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
https://thepostmillennial.com/canadi...dered-pronouns

Why are we letting freaks and weirdos hold our society hostage?
(sigh) And so this daffyness creeps further in. I dont even understand how transgenders can serve in a military. A wo.an who "identifies" as a man is still a woman and not as physically capable as real men.

A man who "identifies" as a woman is basically worthless from a military standpoint because among male soldiers he will spend more energy trying to be the woman he is not than doing his job.

Yes, I'm saying these daffy nutcases are worthless in military service. Their presence is merely a political/social statement and they are uninterested in actual service anyway.

They are nothing but a divisive and unneeded presence that are only there to serve the social agenda of a very small group of people. They are not in uniform to serve their country.

Just wearing the clothes and adopting the mannerisms of either sex by and opposite member of either sex and claiming "identity" does NOT make adopting and claiming change the way they were born. One is either male or female. And the body you are in is what you are.

Wishing it were otherwise does NOT make it so.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:56 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Are you serious? What are you talking about? I don't understand your question, it doesn't make any sense. Did you read and understand the article you posted? I don't think you understood it.

How could any other country's written military report policies be any of American society's business and how could their reporting policies in any way be holding your own society hostage?

Seriously ..... how could somebody else's official reporting policies have any effect on your own society when it has nothing to do with your society?
You make it sound like Canada is on another planet.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 04-17-2020 at 10:08 PM..

Old 04-17-2020, 09:58 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s their country, their military, they can do what they want.
"They" (meaning Canadians) aren't doing what they want. Their rulers are forcing it on them.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:01 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
"They" (meaning Canadians) aren't doing what they want. Their rulers are forcing it on them.
How many Canadians did you survey to reach that conclusion?

Old 04-17-2020, 11:21 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Canadians don't have "rulers." They have "elected officials." Who, naturally, can lose their jobs at the next election, if they're forcing things upon Canadians, that Canadians don't want.

Old 04-18-2020, 12:01 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Should anyone have the expectation that the Canada subforum is an international board?
Yes, I think they should.

It is true that the Canada subforum is populated mainly by Canadians, who discuss Canadian issues and politics and current events and local matters among themselves. But in my experience, it is certainly open to non-Canadians who have genuine questions about Canada and Canadians, or who can contribute to existing threads there. Often, their queries are interesting and allow us to give travel advice, as well as to dispel myths and misunderstandings that many foreigners have about Canada. At other times, their contributions help us to understand conditions and challenges in their lands, that perhaps we just didn't understand before.

In the Canada subforum, we can and have experienced foreign posters who have attempted to put down Canada and Canadians in some way. I won't list examples, NDG; you know very well what has often happened in the Canada subforum when a foreigner tries to tell us about our system of government, our so-called accent, our military, or our healthcare, among other things.

In short, I think that the Canada subforum ought to be open to non-Canadians who are genuinely curious, and who have interesting things to contribute. Even if we run the risk of a nuisance foreigner who tries to tell us things we know are not true about us and our country, I think being able to set the record straight on misunderstandings and myths--especially to those non-Canadians who read but rarely or never post in the Canada subforum--is valuable. That's why I believe that the Canada subforum, like the other non-US subforums, should be open to all.

Old 04-18-2020, 12:20 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
How stupid.

So, they want them to use different pronouns...what's the big deal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJz77y4d_JA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies