Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 03:04 PM

413 posts, read 209,026 times

Advertisements

Instead of "Show me your papers", it will now be "Show me your PPE". Of course, after the way Cuomo and Defailio have handled everything there, it will also be Monty Python's "Bring Out Your Dead".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 03:06 PM

413 posts, read 209,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
in other countries they are handing them OUT -- imagine that
That can't be. The completely honest and non biased media tells me that there are no more masks in the entire world, because of the Bad Orange Man.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:42 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional, and even IF masks were somehow available, I'll wear what I want to wear regardless of what the mobster or big bird say.

I, for one, can't wait for the wave of lawsuits against these tyrannical governors.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:50 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You'll have to ask the government for verification.

That's how "this thing of ours" works.
Some non-robe wearing govt employees checked with the some robe wearing employees, who said it was okay to do

Sounds like a Dr. Suess story.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:52 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
I wonder if this will apply to Fredo....now that we know his "quarantine" is a lie.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:52 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sounds illegal
I agree

I don’t think it’s constitutional

Old 04-16-2020, 05:44 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional, and even IF masks were somehow available, I'll wear what I want to wear regardless of what the mobster or big bird say.

I, for one, can't wait for the wave of lawsuits against these tyrannical governors.
But you see a mask is not being required nor a burka. You are just being forced to cover your nose and mouth with something just as society requires you to cover your genitals and the female's nipples with something.

Last year when the cop was the one we listened to when pushing public safety it was flipped as the debate was to uncover all faces so they could get biometric data and they had support among those who thought the females from some cultures were dehumanized since only the females and not the males were covering their face. Now the public health doctor is responsible for our safety and I wonder when or even if the cop will again be the one we listen to.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:55 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I wonder if this will apply to Fredo....now that we know his "quarantine" is a lie.
Who's Fredo?

Old 04-16-2020, 05:56 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
I reason for the general public to wear masks is to keep them from spreading Covid 19 to others and not to protect themselves. The problem is that people can be contagious five days prior to showing any symptoms. Also, there are others who show are infected and not showing any symptoms at all yet are highly contagious.

The only solution here that will work is 100% testing. This should be the responsibility of the federal government, but with our failed leader Trump only the states will be able to accomplish this.

DUMP TRUMP, get the tests we need, forget the masks, and get back to work.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:58 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I reason for the general public to wear masks is to keep them from spreading Covid 19 to others and not to protect themselves. The problem is that people can be contagious five days prior to showing any symptoms. Also, there are others who show are infected and not showing any symptoms at all yet are highly contagious.

The only solution here that will work is 100% testing. This should be the responsibility of the federal government, but with our failed leader Trump only the states will be able to accomplish this.

DUMP TRUMP, get the tests we need, forget the masks, and get back to work.
You want to test 340 million people? How would we even force compliance? Would the 12 million illegal aliens show up for their test (since they are known not to follow laws)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies