Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 03:16 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,354,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Well, if true, and it’s late and I’m too tired to research your claims, that makes the Dem nominee’s response even worse! WHO warned, and Biden still wanted infected Chinese flights to come into this country because it was more important to spare the feelings of Chinese people? Instead, he played the race card against Trump?

Thank G-d we had Trump at the helm, and not an identity politics Democrat.
As a conservative, I'm no fan of Biden or the Democrats, but we mustn't fall short of calling out Trump's poor performance. WHO first gave warning on January 5th. The fact that you need to do research on that and don't even know that suggests that you're not even knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about anyone's performance.

This isn't about putting one party against the other. It's about how our leadership performed. We were late across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 03:17 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,335 times
Quote:
something the guy you’re planning to vote for opposed.
Hey, at least my guy can make a coherent sentence. Your sleepy Joe is going senile. Perhaps with your age, you don't even notice.

Old 04-16-2020, 03:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
As a conservative, I'm no fan of Biden or the Democrats, but we mustn't fall short of calling out Trump's poor performance. WHO first gave warning on January 5th. The fact that you need to do research on that and don't even know that suggests that you're not even knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about anyone's performance.

This isn't about putting one party against the other. It's about how our leadership performed. We were late across the board.
And what was that warning on Jan 5th? That there was a virus out that could cost millions of lives? Or that there was a virus but that it wasn’t easily transmissible? I’m not saying that the WHO didn’t acknowledge the virus, but that it played down how devastating it could be.

And as far as being late across the board, you think that if we had been in the early stages of this, with a handful of cases in a couple of states out west, that people throughout the country would have complied with social distancing and stay at home orders. No way.

And also, focusing on what Trump might have done wrong with the implication that he is to blame for thousands of deaths - a few months before an election - and ignoring how the Dem nominee would have been so much worse, is working toward getting Biden elected by trying to give the impression that we are worse off with Trump, when in fact we would have been much worse off with Biden.

Since you have a PhD in physics, can you calculate, given the trajectory we now know, how much exponentially worse this would have been if Biden delayed the travel ban by even 2 weeks? Figure 12 flights in a day, with 2 people infected per flight, and then upon arrival, each person infecting 5 more, and those 5 infect 5 more, and so on, for 14 days.

(Sort of like the penny doubling every month thing.)

Also, just to be polite, I am going back to bed and won’t be able to respond further until morning.

Old 04-16-2020, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
Hey, at least my guy can make a coherent sentence. Your sleepy Joe is going senile. Perhaps with your age, you don't even notice.
He’s not MY Sleepy Joe! You think I’m in favor of Joe? He’d have out our the welcome mats for one infected Chinese flight after the other, and going on the news claiming, “see? I’m not xenophobic!”

I think you responded to the wrong poster. Having senile Joe at the helm would be a disaster.

Old 04-16-2020, 03:33 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,335 times
Quote:
He’s not MY Sleepy Joe! You think I’m in favor of Joe? He’d have out our the welcome mats for one infected Chinese flight after the other, and going on the news claiming, “see? I’m not xenophobic!”

I think you responded to the wrong poster. Having senile Joe at the helm would be a disaster.

Your post that I quoted spread fake news about Trump opposing the China flight ban. Trump did not oppose it and you are spreading fake news. If not Trump and not Joe, maybe you're an independent. Either way, good luck.

Old 04-16-2020, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
Your post that I quoted spread fake news about Trump opposing the China flight ban. Trump did not oppose it and you are spreading fake news. If not Trump and not Joe, maybe you're an independent. Either way, good luck.
Did I say Trump opposed it? If so, my bad. I woke up from a sleep and decided to talk to all the fine people on CD. Of course I meant that BIDEN opposed it, accusing Trump of xenophobia. I’ll go back up and edit, if I still can. Sorry for the confusion.

P.S. I just checked my post, and the problem was that I didn’t handle the quote of the previous poster correctly. Either way, I plead sleepiness! Forgive?

Old 04-16-2020, 08:50 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
I never said Trump wanted to shut it down and Fauci said not to! I’m saying that he was told it wasn’t that big of a deal by Fauci initially, and he followed the advice. When things changed, and Dr. Fauci recommended a shut down, he immediately complied.

The desperation leading leftists to blame Trump for this while excusing China and the WHO, is just disgusting, and I’m going back to bed.

January 23-25 the Chinese lockdowned 56 Million people n 14 cities.
At this point it doesn't matter what the Chinese or WHO said the situation was clear

Travel data of passengers arriving in the United States from China during the critical period in December, January and February, when the disease took hold in that country, shows a stunning 759,493 people entered the U.S.. and some 18,000 Americans returned home from China in February and March, after the restrictions were in place.
President Donald Trump restricted travel from China effective Feb. 2
But the United States got more coronavirus cases from Europe than from China
From February 1 to when flight restrictions went into effect on Europe (the the Schengen zone of 26 European states ) and Britain and Ireland, on March 14 and March 17 respectively, more than 10,000 direct flights from Europe had arrived in 12 major American airports

The responsibility falls on Republican and Democrat leaders

Last edited by jonbenson; 04-16-2020 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-16-2020, 08:55 AM

603 posts, read 573,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Given the fact that China moved quickly to shut down travel domestically from Wuhan to the rest of China, but did not stop international flights from Wuhan, would that not show intent to spread the virus globally? If not, then what possible explanation could there be?
The more I hear about this, the more I am becoming convinced that this was an intentionally developed biological weapon that was intentionally spread.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:00 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times
I find it amazing that regardless of the username, all the Trumpers on C-D start sounding the same, parroting the same lines in defense of Trump. Do you all just share one brain? Do you have several C-D accounts you log into on different days?

Old 04-16-2020, 09:07 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
[quote=Rachel976;57858986]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
What? Why do iberals twist words in order to win arguments? I never said Trump wanted to shut it down and Fauci said not to! I’m saying that he was told it wasn’t that big of a deal by Fauci initially, and he followed the advice. When things changed, and Dr. Fauci recommended a shut down, he immediately complied.

The desperation leading leftists to blame Trump for this while excusing China and the WHO, is just disgusting, and I’m going back to bed.
the left is a fine companion and kindred spirit with communist china. they even approved the empire state bldng to light up red and yellow to celebrate the 60th anniv of communist red china.

lies and twisted words are the weapons used by both their propaganda machines.

Biden even told us China was no threat to the US.
While Obama defended Russia in a national debate.

China is guilty of murder, first it was our pets and now our people. Negligent homicide would be the lightest charge.

Dry China up. Wear a mask and never ever buy any goods made in China for sale on ebay or amazon or anywhere else. Don't wait for a government response, take responsibility and be personally responsible to affect a change and encourage to people to overthrow the communists.

If Euro countries do not step up to help, they should be punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies