Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 09:27 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Drive-In Theaters may be the perfect entertainment venue in our current Social Distancing environment.

You can take the family out to watch a movie, and instead of being cramped in a confined cinema house remain in you car outdoors while parked safely the recommended six feet from your fellow movie goers.
I don't know how well these would work in Florida. Too hot and humid even in the evenings for 7-8 months of the year. Can't really run the car the whole time for AC. I would rather watch movies at home with my 100" screen and projector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 10:04 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
We have one local that's open & I enjoy going as a "event" but its not very enjoyable to watch movie from your car seat in open air. But if we are in this long term, i can see friends making plan to do something together but distance at same time.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:10 AM

3,336 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I don't know how well these would work in Florida. Too hot and humid even in the evenings for 7-8 months of the year. Can't really run the car the whole time for AC. I would rather watch movies at home with my 100" screen and projector.

The heat and humidity hasn't seemed to deter people in this part of Florida. The drive-in near where I live is pretty large and is packed to the hilt almost every evening as long as it's not raining. It's so popular that it has required state police officers to coordinate traffic.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:24 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times
I have driven past abandon Drive ins. Still have the half falling down screen, posts without the speaker and the concession/camera building, a little TLC and it would be up and running.

SONIC is still around so A&W or Stewart's would take off, they are still around too just not as popular.

We have a thousand cable channels and still go to the movies to just get out.

I saw Independence Day at a Drive In during a meteor shower! True story, I thought it was in my head until I saw it reported in the news the next day.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:35 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
That would be fun! I remember going to the drive-in when I was little. There would be some kind of cartoon or kids' movie on first, then my brother and I would fall asleep and my parents would watch a Rocky movie or something.

Of course, we can stream basically anything we want in the comfort of our own homes, so maybe it wouldn't be all that popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies