Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 01:00 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Fauci is being polite.

You notice he didn't say that Trump is eagerly ACTING on his suggestions.
he is acting on his suggestions. So why did he enact social distancing guidelines and extend them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Get off this crap. I'm an adult who has been supporting myself for 40 years now with no government aid ever. Don't equate your own living situation to the rest of us. If you are still living in mommy's basement that's on you. Meanwhile, the rest of the adults in the room understand what's at risk if we open things up too quickly. Ask mommy to explain it to you.
and normal people understand the so called scientists desires to keep everything shut down for almost two years is flat out impossible, thus we must start looking at middle grounds .

Old 04-16-2020, 01:04 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Fauci is being polite.

You notice he didn't say that Trump is eagerly ACTING on his suggestions.

Why do you expect Trump to be "eagerly acting on his suggestions?

Fauci is a doctor, he's only concerned with the medical side of all of this.

Trump has to weigh all sides and then make a decision knowing that the Left and the Media are going to condemn him one way or the other, no matter what he decides.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:07 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Good idea. Let's get out there like the clowns in Michigan. Socialize, mingle, go to the mall, go to the movies, hang out in bars and really have a good time. Being cooped up for a couple of weeks is really hell.

But nothing compared to being dead.

The longer the deplorables refuse to respect this disease, the longer they are going to be out of work.

IF we toe the line for a couple of months, we might be out of this by late summer. If we refuse, then it goes on and on, we have no jobs because everything is closed, and we have no social life because anyone with a brain is staying inside.

Gene pool editing. Maybe it is a GOOD idea that certain folks get out and mingle without a care.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:19 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
and normal people understand the so called scientists desires to keep everything shut down for almost two years is flat out impossible, thus we must start looking at middle grounds .
I'll listen to scientists and medical doctors and virtually anybody else before I listen to Trump. It's his ignorance and bad decision-making that has put the U.S. in the position we are in right now, having many, many more deaths, and by wide margins, ahead of every other country in the world. Our inflated death toll is directly tied to his bungling of this crisis from the start.

His "thoughts" and "feelings" are meaningless now. I am inclined to do the opposite of anything he proposes, just to be on the safe side, because he has been consistently wrong, wrong, wrong from the start. Basically, if Trump says it, it should be ignored for the good of the country.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I'll listen to scientists and medical doctors and virtually anybody else before I listen to Trump. It's his ignorance and bad decision-making that has put the U.S. in the position we are in right now, having many, many more deaths, and by wide margins, ahead of every other country in the world. Our inflated death toll is directly tied to his bungling of this crisis from the start.

His "thoughts" and "feelings" are meaningless now. I am inclined to do the opposite of anything he proposes, just to be on the safe side, because he has been consistently wrong, wrong, wrong from the start. Basically, if Trump says it, it should be ignored for the good of the country.
Inflated? First they said 2 million deaths, then 200,000 deaths, then 100,000 then maybe 60,000 or fewer

Ever thought the population of the US has something to do with the number of deaths when you compare to other countries? You think we can’t do simple math? And last time I checked the biggest virus hot spots are in places like New York, New Jersey, and Detroit. Not exactly Trump country

We cannot shut down for two years. It’s impossible. If you can’t handle that you are free to leave. Maybe you can go To Europe. I heard countries like Italy, Spain, and France are handling this so much better. Or how about China, I’m sure they’re not lying about the deaths in their country or anything

Old 04-16-2020, 01:26 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Remember when 2 million people were supposed to die?

Remember when 250k people were supposed to die?

Remember when 100k people were supposed to die?

Remember when Fauci said the virus was no bigger a deal than the flu?

Remember when Pelosi told people to forget about CV19 and come out to Chinatown to celebrate? Lol

Remember when WHO said CV19 was not contagious? Lol

Remember when WHO said Trump shouldn't shut down travel to China? Lol

Remember when Trump was called a racist for shutting down China travel?

Remember when Dems complained that Trump shut down EU travel?

Remember when Dems complained that Trump shut down UK travel?

Remember when Trump ignored all these idiots and went ahead and imposed travel restrictions anyway?

These are the same people saying Trump didn't act fast enough. Lmao!
Remember when Trump reassured Americans that there's a "very low" risk of an outbreak in this country and handed off any future responsibility to Vice President Mike Pence and Congress?
Fact: 650,000 coronavirus cases; 32,000 dead---- Laugh at that.

Remember when Trump said the coronavirus was a Democratic hoax?

Remember when Trump said there were 15 cases of coronavirus and soon there would be none?

Remember when Trump closed down travel from China but NOT from Europe?
Quote:
Omer, of the Yale Institute for Global Health, echoed that, saying, “People coming from Italy wouldn’t have been stopped,” whether they exhibited symptoms or not. (Trump’s restrictions on travel from Europe didn’t go into effect until March 13.)
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/tr...-travel-claim/

Remember when Trump said everyone could get a coronavirus test if they needed one?
Quote:
America’s stumbling rollout of testing for the virus that causes COVID-19 significantly slowed the nation’s response.

In the past week, testing has accelerated, and a mix of public and private labs execute more than 100,000 tests per day. Still, experts said, the nation’s patchwork testing system remains uneven, many are denied tests or must wait several days for results as labs struggle to process a growing backlog of tests.

“It’s not as if it’s a train running along, as you might’ve heard,” said William Schaffner, a Vanderbilt University School of Medicine professor of preventive medicine and an infectious-disease doctor. “Because testing is restricted still in many parts of the country.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/5099458002/ (April 2, 2020)

Did Trump act fast enough?

Old 04-16-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Remember when Trump reassured Americans that there's a "very low" risk of an outbreak in this country and handed off any future responsibility to Vice President Mike Pence and Congress?

Remember when Trump said the coronavirus was a Democratic hoax?

Remember when Trump said there were 15 cases of coronavirus and soon there would be none?

Remember when Trump closed down travel from China but NOT from Europe?
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/tr...-travel-claim/

Remember when Trump said everyone could get a coronavirus test if they needed one?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/5099458002/ (April 2, 2020)

Did Trump act fast enough?
32,000? Where are the millions of deaths promised? We are not even reaching the 100,000 that was guaranteed?m Hell I remember hearing there would be 100,000 deaths in Ohio alone

So is your solution to shut the country down and cower at home permanently?

Old 04-16-2020, 01:30 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Inflated? First they said 2 million deaths, then 200,000 deaths, then 100,000 then maybe 60,000 or fewer
Yep. Thank God we listened to the experts, and that the governors took the lead on closing things down. If we had listened to Trump we would be in that initial estimated range of deaths. But the educated people actually set us on the right path in spite of Trump's dismissal of the severity of the situation.

Quote:
Ever thought the population of the US has something to do with the number of deaths when you compare to other countries? You think we can’t do simple math
The information is out there for you to see, if you choose to look.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Quote:
We cannot shut down for two years. It’s impossible. If you can’t handle that you are free to leave. Maybe you can go To Europe. I heard countries like Italy, Spain, and France are handling this so much better. Or how about China, I’m sure they’re not lying about the deaths in their country or anything
Ah, yes, the inevitable, if you disagree with me, leave the country! How about if you disagree with me, YOU leave the country?

Old 04-16-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yep. Thank God we listened to the experts, and that the governors took the lead on closing things down. If we had listened to Trump we would be in that initial estimated range of deaths. But the educated people actually set us on the right path in spite of Trump's dismissal of the severity of the situation.

The information is out there for you to see, if you choose to look.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Ah, yes, the inevitable, if you disagree with me, leave the country! How about if you disagree with me, YOU leave the country?
Trump enacted social distancing and extended the date

The number of deaths is a drop in the bucket compared to the actual population of the US. All deaths are tragic but this is a fact

Yes thank god for people like Cuomo and Whitmer. It’s mot like their states have become the biggest hot zones or anything.

Yes I recommend leaving because you think that you are likely to drop dead any moment by living in the USA. At least though you can still keep yourself locked down at home forever if you choose. Even if things open back up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies