Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 02:11 PM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Forbes (conservative leaning) is reporting that a huge portion of the CARES act money is going to the ultra-rich, and that people who make $1m or more are, on average, getting back some $1.7M compared to our $1200. (They point out it's an average, and that someone who 'only' makes $1M is likely not getting $1.7M back, it is an AVERAGE.)

As usual, the program that is marketed to help the working class is actually helping the ultra rich.

I don't blame Trump, Mitch or Nancy. I blame them all. It took support from both chambers and the POTUS to sign this bill into practice, so the blame goes to all. Dems, R's or FakePOTUS-Trump all could have stopped the payout to the rich, none of them did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for seeing it too, and for your post. I needed the therapy session. I badly need for more people to see it..Reds & Blues alike. It's an obsession of mine...like the Close Encounters movie. If 330M people can't all come together and stop 3.3M from ripping us off, its going to end very badly. We have them outnumbered 100 to 1.

I'd like to have a link to the Forbes article you saw. Or, enough info for me to find it online.

Look at the chart of cost of gov't (all levels) to GDP. Prior to $2.1T, we were at 38%. Post stimulus likely 40%. The chart is scary. Then, factor in systemic corruption by ALL of them. This is the curve that needs to flatten out and come down, not the C-19 curve. What the top 1% are doing to us makes C-19 look like the common cold.

Here's the chart, at thetop right of the wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern..._United_States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
And the $350B for the Payroll loans just ran out this morning.

As a small business owner, I was really hoping to get a payroll loan. I applied on the first day. Never heard anything.

Now I will have to lay off all my employees.

My business is dying a slow death.

This is all China's fault.
That sucks. I didn't file because I use sub contractors, and my company is B2B, so most of the "lost" business will wind up coming through to me later as pent up demand.

Anyone in restaurant, rec & leisure, travel, sports related, small retailer, are getting killed. Most of the B2B will be fine unless they cater exclusively to these groups, or others that have been hard hit.

I think they'll cough up another $350B after they get all their kickback deals worked out. Negotiations are ongoing right now. I hope you get yours.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:19 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The correct people are the House of Reps, the Senate, the Exec Branch, and all the CEO's....the top 1%

This is not a Red vs Blue topic, this is 330M Americans getting crushed by a small group of a few Thousand people.

330M Americans got these percents of the $2.1T stimulus:

citizens = 18%
sm biz = 17%
total = 35%

A few Thousand got:
top 1% = 65%

This was the largest money grab of all time for the top 1%.

And yet you continually single out Dems for your scorn on this topic. Methinks the lady doth protest too much....

Old 04-16-2020, 02:20 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
You are right, both parites, but the Dems were pretending a few months ago that Trump was in bed w/ big biz due to the Trump tax cuts. The Dems were derriding those evil corporations.

Now, here are the Dems joining in the orgy. It's the hypocrisy of the Dems that makes them even worse than the Pubs.
I agree with you. You could say that the Republicans are, at least, honest about who they are and who they represent.

Only Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren offered any real challenge to the status quo. We saw what the DNC establishment did to them.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I agree with you. You could say that the Republicans are, at least, honest about who they are and who they represent.

Only Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren offered any real challenge to the status quo. We saw what the DNC establishment did to them.
If you've been reading my posts and recall any of them, I've said many times that I totally agree with Bernie's assessment of our problems, just not his solutions. I once even jokingly suggested a Trump-Sanders ticket. They are both populists. They agree on the problems...just notthe solutions.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:32 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Small businesses = 17% ($350B that must be totally directed to payrolls)
If you're referring to the Paycheck Protection Program, that's not quite true. It's a small business loan for qualifying companies which will be forgiven, if it's used for specific purposes, payroll being one of them. If you use it in other ways, which you're free to do, you have to pay it back.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And yet you continually single out Dems for your scorn on this topic. Methinks the lady doth protest too much....
Its both sides, but the Dem hypocrisy is really hard to swallow. Being so dishonest with your own people.

My scorn is with the top 1%. I can put down my pitchfork at any time and partner with Dems to take this country back. There are 100 of us for every 1 of them.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Forbes (conservative leaning) is reporting that a huge portion of the CARES act money is going to the ultra-rich, and that people who make $1m or more are, on average, getting back some $1.7M compared to our $1200. (They point out it's an average, and that someone who 'only' makes $1M is likely not getting $1.7M back, it is an AVERAGE.)
That's a remarkable assertion. Do you have the link to that Forbes report?

Old 04-16-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
He/she does not WANT to understand that. I posted similarly before I saw your response.

Beach seems to think "orangeman good". I am saying he is bad, and I'm not giving D's or R's a pass either.
I'll throw Orangeman under the darned bus if I could get all the Red's and Blue's onto 1 side, and take our country back from the 1%. The income and wealth gaps are grossly distorted due to systemic corruption.

We need to get rid of almost ALL of them. I'd keep Tom Massie and Rand Paul, and that is it. They are the only 2 Pubs that voted against this heist. For every pub we decide to keep, we keep 1 Dem as well.

The corruption has become so much greater than the poltical idealogy.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Oh, so $170B is small potatoes now, eh? Noted. Just trying to figure out if you're allotting these "small potatoes" to the small business pot or the big business pot. Care to answer?
To be fair, if you're complaining about $170B out of $2T, and then ridiculing people who are looking at the $2T as the problem, then you're not seeing the forest for the single $170B tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies