Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 09:03 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

Nancy Pelosi & Chuck Shumer live & govern for the kickbacks the "evil corporations" provide them, so they are dishing out the "evil corporations" the BIG bucks

Small business can't afford the kickbacks, so they get crumbs.

For how many years have we heard "Republicans are in bed with the evil corporations"?

Who is in bed with the evil giant corporations now? The Dems are spitting on the little guy.

So, all of you Dems who have been about the Trump tax cuts for evil corporations; where are you now? Where's the outcry?

Here's how the stimulus has been divvied up:

American citizens = 18% ($1,200 ea x 300M/$2.1T)

Small businesses = 17% ($350B that must be totally directed to payrolls)

Wash DC & big business = 65%, & they can spend it nearly as they please 100% - (citizens % + small biz %) (no buybacks, or exec bonuses)

It's not Red vs. Blue, it's all of them, against me & you.

This message was approved by "The save the 99%" coalition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 10:25 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Is the $170B worth of tax breaks to real estate investors part of the "big business" or "small business" do you reckon?

Old 04-16-2020, 10:30 AM

Looks like the $1,200 head fake worked. Nobody cares about $1.6T being stolen by Wash DC, and evil corps.

I'm wasting my breath.

Of course, the Dems have no defense of Pelosi's actions on this. Dem posters here screamed about Trump's Big Biz tax cuts from the highest mountains....and now, they are crawling under the nearest rock.

Now the shoe's on the other foot,and its the Dems cozying up to Big Biz, so its crickets chirping from the hypocrital Dem party supporters.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Is the $170B worth of tax breaks to real estate investors part of the "big business" or "small business" do you reckon?
Why are the Dem's making love with Big Biz? You dont want to answer that do you? You'd rather deflect to .0003% of the $2.1T.

I'm sure I could go back through your posts and find where you were sreaming bloody helll about the Trump big biz tax cuts, so where are you now that Pelosi's carving up $1.7T of pork for the Fortune 500??

Orange man bad, Pelois good...give me a break. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:35 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Why are the Dem's making love with Big Biz? You dont want to answer that do you? You'd rather deflect to .0003% of the $2.1T.

I'm sure I could go back through your posts and find where you were sreaming bloody helll about the Trump big biz tax cuts, so where are you now that Pelosi's carving up $1.7T of pork for the Fortune 500??

You do understand that the Dems control one part of Congress right? You don't blame the Senate Republicans or the President for such a large amount going to big business, but you do blame the Dems in the House? Not so good at math, eh?

Old 04-16-2020, 10:36 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Forbes (conservative leaning) is reporting that a huge portion of the CARES act money is going to the ultra-rich, and that people who make $1m or more are, on average, getting back some $1.7M compared to our $1200. (They point out it's an average, and that someone who 'only' makes $1M is likely not getting $1.7M back, it is an AVERAGE.)

As usual, the program that is marketed to help the working class is actually helping the ultra rich.

I don't blame Trump, Mitch or Nancy. I blame them all. It took support from both chambers and the POTUS to sign this bill into practice, so the blame goes to all. Dems, R's or FakePOTUS-Trump all could have stopped the payout to the rich, none of them did.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You do understand that the Dems control one part of Congress right? You don't blame the Senate Republicans or the President for such a large amount going to big business, but you do blame the Dems in the House? Not so good at math, eh?
He/she does not WANT to understand that. I posted similarly before I saw your response.

Beach seems to think "orangeman good". I am saying he is bad, and I'm not giving D's or R's a pass either.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Why are the Dem's making love with Big Biz?
Because all of DC has for a long, long time. They all bow down to their corporate overlords. Why is this surprising to you? Sadly, I've come to expect it.

Quote:
You dont want to answer that do you? You'd rather deflect to .0003% of the $2.1T.
Oh, so $170B is small potatoes now, eh? Noted. Just trying to figure out if you're allotting these "small potatoes" to the small business pot or the big business pot. Care to answer?

Quote:

The fact that you think Dems are the ones pandering to the Fortune500 the most is what's hypocritical.

They both do it, but the GOP is the bigger transgressor on that front.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Forbes (conservative leaning) is reporting that a huge portion of the CARES act money is going to the ultra-rich, and that people who make $1m or more are, on average, getting back some $1.7M compared to our $1200. (They point out it's an average, and that someone who 'only' makes $1M is likely not getting $1.7M back, it is an AVERAGE.)

As usual, the program that is marketed to help the working class is actually helping the ultra rich.

I don't blame Trump, Mitch or Nancy. I blame them all. It took support from both chambers and the POTUS to sign this bill into practice, so the blame goes to all. Dems, R's or FakePOTUS-Trump all could have stopped the payout to the rich, none of them did.
Yep. Business as usual in the Fed Gov.

Drain the swamp?

Old 04-16-2020, 10:44 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
To be fair this is in fact a narrative I have been seeing in Democrat circles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies