Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 10:49 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times

Advertisements

Making SEEDS 'non-essential' was a big step too far. Even non CT minded people are like huh? In what universe are SEEDS non-essential?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 10:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There’s a reason why the mayor of Chicago closed down packaged alcohol sales after 9:00 PM. The masses would buy the booze and hangout in parking lots, on streets and public parks, all night long with no regard for social distancing. This was happening all over the city, despite evening temps in the 30’s.

The masses howled and demanded the right to work and party.
You're saying this while quoting a video of black people at church. When you use the phrase 'the masses', to whom do you refer?

Old 04-19-2020, 02:30 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
"Again, they are protecting your rights as an American. You should be thanking them"

I will have to disagree with you on this one. I ask you what is the purpose of the guns. Covid-19 does not give a dam if you your a far right, left or middle thinking. I attacks all with no regard to politics. I'm just amazed at those who refuse to believe science. Lets just pretend everyone goes back to work tomorrow, do you really think the virus will just shutdown on it's own. There is no cure for this virus and there many things we do not know about this virus. I'm may be bored staying at home all day but it is well worth for me to stay safe and virus free. Death by Covid-19 is not pleasant experience and I will do everything in my power to avoid that experience. My duty is to live my life as long as possible. A guy with a gun on the capital steps protesting the right to infect others is a idiot of the highest order. His gun will not protect him from this virus. Only common sense will and he is clearly lacking that trait.
Calling folks an idiot just because you disagree with them is a sad, loosing position. I never said the guns would protect from C19, and you just made that up. Nor were they protesting "the right to infect others". That's something else you made up.

They were protesting the irrationality of the whole stay at home mandate, where selling seeds is forbidden and selling pot and alcohol are okay, for example. Where a governor can try to ban a drug with proven success in treatment because the President is from the other party.

Once again, they are protecting YOUR rights and freedoms, and any one with common sense will see that and thank them.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:50 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Calling folks an idiot just because you disagree with them is a sad, loosing position. I never said the guns would protect from C19, and you just made that up. Nor were they protesting "the right to infect others". That's something else you made up.

They were protesting the irrationality of the whole stay at home mandate, where selling seeds is forbidden and selling pot and alcohol are okay, for example. Where a governor can try to ban a drug with proven success in treatment because the President is from the other party.

Once again, they are protecting YOUR rights and freedoms, and any one with common sense will see that and thank them.
So the protesters want to throw the baby out with the bath water, so to speak. They don’t care about the baby and don’t want the dirty water. More and more they realize that the baby is no kin to them! It’s other peoples babies....let them die. True patriots to self.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:59 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,153,979 times
Pathetic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

Old 04-19-2020, 08:22 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So the protesters want to throw the baby out with the bath water, so to speak. They don’t care about the baby and don’t want the dirty water. More and more they realize that the baby is no kin to them! It’s other peoples babies....let them die. True patriots to self.
As usual, you are just making **** up. Not sure how you would come up with this.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:38 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
As usual, you are just making **** up. Not sure how you would come up with this.
That is the nature of deductive reasoning. Taking what was given and deducing what was not given...AKA, making things up that was not given, but true, from what was given.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:45 AM

6,796 posts, read 14,016,278 times
Quote:

I stand by my words. They are idiots without doubt. We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and they are upset the state has a stay in shelter order. Now I will agree with you that not being allowed to sell seeds is stupid but that is a little price to pay to keep this virus from spreading. I will ask you again what is the purpose of the firearms at the capital steps. I own over 25 firearms and I have never felt the need to strap them on my body and flex my manhood. This virus spreads by human interaction and this seems to be lost on these folks. The simple fact is we will go back to work when it is safe to do so. The virus will never end as long as we have idiots openly spreading it.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:55 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I stand by my words. They are idiots without doubt. We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and they are upset the state has a stay in shelter order. Now I will agree with you that not being allowed to sell seeds is stupid but that is a little price to pay to keep this virus from spreading. I will ask you again what is the purpose of the firearms at the capital steps. I own over 25 firearms and I have never felt the need to strap them on my body and flex my manhood. This virus spreads by human interaction and this seems to be lost on these folks. The simple fact is we will go back to work when it is safe to do so. The virus will never end as long as we have idiots openly spreading it.
There is no good reason for them. None. Just a bunch of good ole boys looking for an excuse to wave their firearms around because they think it makes them look tough and intimidating. In reality, it makes them look cowardly because they are unable to present their case convincingly without a gun in their hands. Their argument is not strong enough to stand on its own so they threaten to use force to push it forward instead. There can be no other reason for bringing guns to a protest.

The guns have nothing to do with what they're protesting, and brandishing them about totally negates what they were supposedly protesting to begin with.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:56 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
lol - Well, sis, you just had to show your ignorance and bigotry again, didn't you? What seems stupid to the rest of us is your inability to understand that they have a basic right to carry there guns whenever and wherever, and are not required to justify that to you. Afaik they didn't shoot anybody.

Again, they are protecting your rights as an American. You should be thanking them
And in your rush to sound sooo smart, you failed to do some due diligence and find out that these were not spontaneous demonstrations 'bro'.

Quote:
Organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and the Michigan Freedom Fund, the protest has drawn criticism over its links to Betsy DeVos's family.

Seely said he was not surprised by the turnout on Wednesday's protest nor the number of groups that have reached out hoping to duplicate the demonstration in their own communities. He said he knew of at least a dozen groups that the Michigan Conservative Coalition had helped to organize protests similar to its own "Operation Gridlock."

Organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and the Michigan Freedom Fund, the protest has drawn criticism over its links to Betsy DeVos's family.

"I think it's really inappropriate for a sitting member of the United States president's cabinet to be waging political attacks on any governor," Whitmer said, referring to the education secretary.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...acebook-groups
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies