Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Stimulus funds be withheld from California if they plan on giving money to illegals?
Yes 105 70.95%
No 43 29.05%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 07:26 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
And you are correct with that assessment.

But that does not mean i am going to show appreciation to people who break our immigration law even if they pay taxes to support my nativist tush (as if i don't pay taxes myself)
I don't expect anything from you. Just pointing out the impossibility and false premise of the OP's wishful thinking.

And it's fun to rile up the usual suspects too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 07:28 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
If the shoe fits, wear it. It is what it is, and You. Don't. Like. It. Tough noogies.

Aren't you reactionary rightwingers all about being politically incorrect, and calling it like it is?

Too bad you love dishing it out but don't want to be stained with your own thang.
So, you think anyone who is against illegal immigration is a "right winger"? If so, you are very wrong.

I guess it really stung for you to be called out for your name calling.

How is expecting those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws "politically incorrect"? Since when did expecting people to be law-abiding become "politically incorrect"? There is nothing "nativist" or "xenophobic" for expecting potential immigrants to abide by our laws.

Besides, you are naive if you think that all illegals are sweet, innocent people who come here to work. Plenty come here to do us harm.

Yes, those who knowingly hire illegals need to be punished for doing so. However, it takes two to tango. No one is forcing illegals to come here.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I don't expect anything from you. Just pointing out the impossibility and false premise of the OP's wishful thinking.

You seem to be pretty riled up yourself. Deflect much, do you?

Old 04-16-2020, 07:32 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:

Well, i do get pay to catch illegal immigrants

:shrug:

Old 04-16-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Nice try at feigning calm. Have a nice day.
That's laughable coming from you.

I'm calm. Thanks for your concern. After all, you can't answer the questions posed to you. Perhaps you need to be concerned for yourself.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, you think anyone who is against illegal immigration is a "right winger"? If so, you are very wrong.

I guess it really stung for you to be called out for your name calling.

How is expecting those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws "politically incorrect"? Since when did expecting people to be law-abiding become "politically incorrect"? There is nothing "nativist" or "xenophobic" for expecting potential immigrants to abide by our laws.

Besides, you are naive if you think that all illegals are sweet, innocent people who come here to work. Plenty come here to do us harm.

Yes, those who knowingly hire illegals need to be punished for doing so. However, it takes two to tango. No one is forcing illegals to come here.
You know for some years I carefully differentiated between the right and the anti-illegals. But after some years I reached the obvious conclusion that there are virtually no anti-illegals who are not rightists. Actually did not like that but the conclusion got to be obvious.

But if you disagree find me a half dozen non righters who are anti-illegal.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Well, i do get pay to catch illegal immigrants

:shrug:
Oh, I know you're BP.

Well, to your credit, you don't get all riled up that much compared with some of the other posters (and we know who they are).

Old 04-16-2020, 07:38 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
That's laughable coming from you.

I'm calm. Thanks for your concern. After all, you can't answer the questions posed to you. Perhaps you need to be concerned for yourself.
He never will answer your questions either. He won't answer why he thinks that wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced makes one a xenophobe, nativist, racist, etc. He's just here to agitate. That's what anti-American traitors with an agenda do.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You know for some years I carefully differentiated between the right and the anti-illegals. But after some years I reached the obvious conclusion that there are virtually no anti-illegals who are not rightists. Actually did not like that but the conclusion got to be obvious.

But if you disagree find me a half dozen non righters who are anti-illegal.
Great comment. Oldglory is definitely in that category who is reactionary, xenophobic, and nativist to boot - and has illegal immigrants as an earworm. He gets slapped down whenever he paints Spanish speakers as "largely illegal immigrants" and whenever he complains about people speaking Spanish in public. It's a cultural wedge thing for him.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:43 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
And you are correct with that assessment.

But that does not mean i am going to show appreciation to people who break our immigration law even if they pay taxes to support my nativist tush (as if i don't pay taxes myself)
Both the employers and these illegal aliens are equally guilty as they are both breaking the law and they both know it. So according to this fool, only the bank robber is guilty but the one agreeing to drive the get-away car isn't?

They never pay in enough taxes to cover their social costs anyway. They are still a net drain on our economy to the tune of over $100 billion a year. Yeah, we should be so grateful to them......NOT! I guess we should also be grateful that they in collusion with their greedy employers by working for less that they put Americans out of work? Should we also be grateful to them for committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion? Should we also be grateful to them for the overcrowded conditions in our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods that they have created? What kind of fool is ok with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies