Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 08:02 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times

Advertisements

This video has made me much more confident in how to move. To me it is biased free and he points to something that I had mentioned early on about the information coming from our government. Our government tells us things to control our behavior, not to give us the truth. Saying that mask don't help is totally nonsensical. But that is what we were told. We were told that because we did not have enough mask and they did not want a run on masks that would have deprived the medical personal. We told people that they did not need test, unless showing symptoms or having traveled to certain places, early on, because we did not have test available and the people who were really sick might not have a test available for them. When we don't have the ability or desire to do something......the government tells the people that we DON'T NEED TO DO THAT....which is a lie. If they will lie about something like that, to control our behavior, just think what else they will lie about to control our behavior.

Great video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 12:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Agreed. If someone coughs on you. You can get it. Like you said, how in the world do masks not help?

Plus why hold back on masks, when people in the medical field would be the first to grab masks anyway? They are the first ones to know about it.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:30 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This video has made me much more confident in how to move. To me it is biased free and he points to something that I had mentioned early on about the information coming from our government. Our government tells us things to control our behavior, not to give us the truth. Saying that mask don't help is totally nonsensical. But that is what we were told. We were told that because we did not have enough mask and they did not want a run on masks that would have deprived the medical personal. We told people that they did not need test, unless showing symptoms or having traveled to certain places, early on, because we did not have test available and the people who were really sick might not have a test available for them. When we don't have the ability or desire to do something......the government tells the people that we DON'T NEED TO DO THAT....which is a lie. If they will lie about something like that, to control our behavior, just think what else they will lie about to control our behavior.

Great video!

Not really anything I didn't know............(adds kim-chee to shopping list)...................

Old 04-17-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not really anything I didn't know............(adds kim-chee to shopping list)...................
Good for you then! I found it very refreshing to have an opinion that was not tainted by our countries politics, conspiracy theories and sensationalism. It was just "matter of fact" science. That is all that I want to know. It's true also that I had figured some of this.....but was not sure because I am not a scientist or on the front line. I learned some new things and he confirmed some things I already suspected.

What seems to clear to me is that the US does not seek to learn from the experience of other nations, but instead, seek to reinvent the wheel all over. I think that is proving costly. We need to be learning as much as we can from countries that have gone through this before.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:07 AM

2,001 posts, read 760,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed. If someone coughs on you. You can get it. Like you said, how in the world do masks not help?

Plus why hold back on masks, when people in the medical field would be the first to grab masks anyway? They are the first ones to know about it.
It’s really quite simple, the cloth masks the public are recommend to wear don’t restrict enough air flow to make a difference, and that’s not even getting into virus particles size and the filtration capabilities of a cloth mask, which is basically nil.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
It’s really quite simple, the cloth masks the public are recommend to wear don’t restrict enough air flow to make a difference, and that’s not even getting into virus particles size and the filtration capabilities of a cloth mask, which is basically nil.
Will building a wall to keep people from illegally crossing the border HELP to make it harder for people to cross the border? People reason that it will, even though its not full proof. However, the same people will reason that a mask does absolutely no good.....so why wear one.

I say use what you got.....its better than nothing.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
This is great info. Thank you for sharing. Had we been wearing cloth masks from early on, much of the spread would have likely been prevented.

Tried but can’t rep you anymore.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

Great video!

I can understand where you are coming from, but how do you explain Trumps recent effort to get everyone back to work, to get businesses re opened as soon as possible? If they truly wanted us scared and frightened, they would ensure the virus GOT WORSE and restrictions had to continue and get tougher too.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:01 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I can understand where you are coming from, but how do you explain Trumps recent effort to get everyone back to work, to get businesses re opened as soon as possible? If they truly wanted us scared and frightened, they would ensure the virus GOT WORSE and restrictions had to continue and get tougher too.
Because the economy is hurting and Trump has always crowed about the great economy. Without the great economy he has nothing to run on really and it's an election year.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:12 AM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

If this is the conclusion - is this really ground breaking information?

This has always been the case with any cold, flu, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because the economy is hurting and Trump has always crowed about the great economy. Without the great economy he has nothing to run on really and it's an election year.
Actually - since the reason the economy tanked was not of his doing... actually he can use the fact that what he did worked the first time.

Do you really not see that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies