Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 08:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
What an evil witch...I hope she rots in hell one day!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...e_freezer.html
I think you better launch Ice Cream Gate. This is a really serious matter !

Wonder if it is Tutti Frutti or Chocolate Chip ?

You Pubs get funnier by the day.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:10 AM

1,378 posts, read 736,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
What an evil witch...I hope she rots in hell one day!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...e_freezer.html
RCP has a conservative slant..while I agree that she shouldn't be showing off wealth at this time, these so called "small businesses" should have had savings available. That's on them. No more corporate welfare!

Old 04-17-2020, 08:28 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Her husband made a bunch of money as a venture capitalist, I don't begrudge her wealth. She's a shining symbol of the republican\democratic parties but don't you worry they're looking out for the little guy.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:36 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, Nancy's net worth is at least/a minimum of $16 million, which isn't the same thing as it being $16 million.....

https://www.latimes.com/projects/how.../nancy-pelosi/

Every net worth I posted is an estimate. Yep. That's almost exclusively how net worth is communicated.

I've got A LOT more money in bourbon in my house than Nancy has in ice cream - albeit my refrigerator isn't quite as nice - and my net worth isn't anywhere near Nancy's, sadly.

Snowflakey outrage on display from the group that allegedly despises snowflakey outrage.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:36 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
In all fairness, I doubt that she is showing off. I can't stand her (from the way she looks, to the way she talks, but mainly her policy), but I don't want to attack her simply because she exists. That ice cream and fridge is hardly a symbol of wealth if you ask me.

This said, people's arguments must be consistent in order to be taken seriously. I don't think people should be attacked for being rich. Life isn't fair, but life can be truly fair sometimes.

Take me for example. Year 2019 is the only year I didn't make six figure income. My government says I deserve a $200 stimulus check. Although it is not a lot of money, I still feel very grateful for that because emotionally, it makes me feel good. Good thought is something you need to hold on to.

I am lucky enough that I can stay home and I don't have to worry about money because I have family trust fund to rely on. Many people are not as fortunatenas I am. I am not as wealthy as Pelosi, but I am financially comfortable and independent, that is all it matters.

Focus on something good in life and life will be so much happier and better.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Her husband made a bunch of money as a venture capitalist, I don't begrudge her wealth. She's a shining symbol of the republican\democratic parties but don't you worry they're looking out for the little guy.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:43 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think that $16 million might be a lot more if you count her husbands's wealth.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:58 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Every net worth I posted is an estimate. Yep. That's almost exclusively how net worth is communicated.

I've got A LOT more money in bourbon in my house than Nancy has in ice cream - albeit my refrigerator isn't quite as nice - and my net worth isn't anywhere near Nancy's, sadly.

Snowflakey outrage on display from the group that allegedly despises snowflakey outrage.

Then post 'is estimated to be at least'...not 'is'.

I saw the same source you did (I can tell because of the figures you quoted for the other people), and I'd bet that you didn't look elsewhere because what you found fit your narrative. You should have looked at the referenced footnotes on Paul Pelosi's page as well.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:01 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I certainly don't consider that little single door fridge with bottom freezer a "very expensive" luxury. I have the same thing and it was only $1100.
She had two of those fridges, so assume $2,200. It's just another arrogant, tone deaf politician talking about their rarified lifestyle.

Refrigerators are simple units, my $350 Magic Chef works just fine.

Last year Chuck Schumer was talking about spending $9,000 a year just on cheesecake for himself as if that is normal also for most Americans.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:07 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, I doubt that she is showing off. I can't stand her (from the way she looks, to the way she talks, but mainly her policy), but I don't want to attack her simply because she exists. That ice cream and fridge is hardly a symbol of wealth if you ask me.

This said, people's arguments must be consistent in order to be taken seriously. I don't think people should be attacked for being rich. Life isn't fair, but life can be truly fair sometimes.

Take me for example. Year 2019 is the only year I didn't make six figure income. My government says I deserve a $200 stimulus check. Although it is not a lot of money, I still feel very grateful for that because emotionally, it makes me feel good. Good thought is something you need to hold on to.

I am lucky enough that I can stay home and I don't have to worry about money because I have family trust fund to rely on. Many people are not as fortunatenas I am. I am not as wealthy as Pelosi, but I am financially comfortable and independent, that is all it matters.

Focus on something good in life and life will be so much happier and better.

I've been friends with a member of another prominent political family since the 90s. My friend has known Nancy Pelosi her (my friend's) entire life. She has to put up with her at various functions so as to not upset her family, but she doesn't like her, and I have disliked Nancy Pelosi longer than my friend and I have been friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies