Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 06:57 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,236 times

Advertisements

As expected,. The dictator says he needs the feds to back them up with money they have lost during the downturn.

All too convenient to promise the world to your constituents and open your border to anybody who comes in defying the status of the federal government then expect the country as a whole to pay for it.

Did any state workers that were non-essential get a pay freeze during this?.... Did they freeze pension payments as a result of the payers being out of commission? Government spending czars are politicized to be discounted all together.

Cloward and piven needs to be addressed but I don't know how without revolt from public and state workers and their unions.

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/states-a...out-55240.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 08:58 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Hell no!!!!!

Old 04-17-2020, 10:02 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
Dictator Trump want's it all to himself.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:07 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
How do the states fund government then, they can’t print money like the federal government.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:15 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
As expected,. The dictator says he needs the feds to back them up with money they have lost during the downturn.

All too convenient to promise the world to your constituents and open your border to anybody who comes in defying the status of the federal government then expect the country as a whole to pay for it.

Did any state workers that were non-essential get a pay freeze during this?.... Did they freeze pension payments as a result of the payers being out of commission? Government spending czars are politicized to be discounted all together.

Cloward and piven needs to be addressed but I don't know how without revolt from public and state workers and their unions.

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/states-a...out-55240.html

Well they are paying for 700+ police officers who are out sick with COVID-19, they are using insurance partially paid for by the state. I imagine treatment for uninsured COVID-19 patient is expensive and someone has to cover it unless you just want them infecting more police officers. Its way too late to complain about Federal spending after 3 years of Trump's spending mostly on non-essential BS. He is spending more than Spender in Chief Obama ever dreamed of doing.

NY will be one of many that will ask, some will be Republican states and some Democratic states. I am sure Florida will ask for assistance because we are spilling money out through unemployment money like water with no Tourism industry to supply the tax dollars.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Mr Thirty thousand ventilators blew all the state money on boondoggles and BS so his connected buddies could wet their beaks. In order to deflect from his corruption he now blames trump.
What a pathetic clown.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:26 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Rainy day funds are one possibility. Not letting pension liabilities get out of hand; keep them more in sync with the rest of the working public, like no 20 or 30 and out, no automatic preset percentage COLAs, have employees contribute...lots of things a state can do to prepare for catastrophes.

Can they absolutely cover all eventualities, probably not. A better job can be done, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How do the states fund government then, they can’t print money like the federal government.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:47 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Trump is right, cuomo should do more and complain less, first it was his state has the right to reopen, now Trump gives them that flexibility, they complain. Take a playbook from a Newsom for a change. Yesterday I’ve heard him thanked a Trump on TV for recognizing the situation and give flexibility of each state.
Heck, I might vote for Newsom for President when he runs for it in 2024. In short a Cuomo, shut up, enough of your big mouth complaining non stop.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:49 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
sounds like a state government taxing issue.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:50 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
well, I am not a New Yorker so I cannot really speak for one. I wonder if new Yorkers really view Cuomo as a hero? What exactly did he do besides making demands everyday?

serious question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies