Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 08:19 AM

7,237 posts, read 4,546,649 times

Advertisements

People have told me the weather is funny this year but they are wrong.

Last week we had terrible storms on April 13th. I happen to remember April 13th 1996 I was taking finals for my grad courses and we had a tornado. So, 20 years on.. same old. I would bet if you look at the records April 11 -13th is a day in history there is always sever weather.

Then, April 1, 1997, it was 80 degrees on March 31 and on April 1, 1997 we had the "April Fools" storm that dropped 27+ inches on us. One day after it was 80 degrees.

So it seems to me that the only people who think the weather is so bad now are people who don't know the facts and history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 08:33 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The left says it is settled science, and who are we to question that one.
What's disagreed upon is how much humans are causing it, the ramifications, and what to do about it.

The fact that Earth has been warming in recent decades is settled science. There is proof of this from satellite data and other sources. I can show it to you if you're going to read it.

Therefore, it shouldn't matter whether or not it snowed recently because we already know Earth is warming.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:09 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The left says it is settled science, and who are we to question that one.
Yep, it's getting colder, because it's getting warmer.

Makes sense to someone, so it must be "settled".

CN

Old 04-18-2020, 10:56 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Climate =/= Weather

That goes for both sides of the global warming debate.

One big wildfire, drought, or hurricane is not evidence for global warming.

One big blizzard or arctic cold blast is not evidence against global warming.

To determine if there’s global warming, we need to look at average global temperatures over years and decades.

Old 04-18-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Climate =/= Weather

That goes for both sides of the global warming debate.

One big wildfire, drought, or hurricane is not evidence for global warming.

One big blizzard or arctic cold blast is not evidence against global warming.

To determine if there’s global warming, we need to look at average global temperatures over years and decades.
Yeah...every time there's a hurricane or a forest fire it gets blamed on global warming. I don't want to bother with looking up the specific instances where global warming was claimed to be the cause of such and such natural disaster, but may not have had much of an effect, but I remember a couple or so times when that had likely happened.

And the people who argue that every forest fire was caused by global warming will be cheered on by many people concerned about global warming, even when they're probably wrong.

Last edited by Clintone; 04-18-2020 at 11:22 AM..

Old 04-18-2020, 12:04 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Woke up this morning to see snow in my backyard. I don’t get it we should be in the 60’s right now. With basically the worlds economies now shut down. The earths climate should be back to normal. So What the hell happened. I know the global warming cults will say it’s only weather....you ignorant denier....you just can’t win with these global warming cults.

Attachment 219590

When someone yells, "squirrel!", they move onto something else.

Libs always miss the big picture and focus on "eddy current" issues which mean nothing at all. That is how the dems supported Bill Clinton, who was all for the liberal pet issues, while allowing him to sell out our nation to China. The actions of Clinton during his admin have levied greater damage to America than all of its foreign enemies in the past.

So the rise of the Chinese military, US jobs being sent to China, and a rogue nation that is the cause of the corona virus is all a "gift" from Clinton's actions. Add the fact that Clinton passed on killing Bin Laden X2, essentially allowing 9/11 and the Afghan war, and you have the father of current chaos............ and libs still love him.

Voting these grifters into office has consequences. Now we have the dems poised to install another grafter who has been bought by the Chinese into the Oval Office.

Old 04-18-2020, 12:13 PM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Yesterday, it very lightly snowed in my part of Michigan. The day before that, it snowed enough to cover the ground, but melted by the end of the day. We are used to crazy wacky weather this time of the year. Soon, it will be 100 F and people will have forgotten all about it. Then the climate Nazis like AOC will be back trying to convince stupid people around the world we've got only a decade left to live, and quite a large number of them will believe her unfortunately.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
When someone yells, "squirrel!", they move onto something else.
Did you not see how the people who believe global warming is somewhat of an important issue are the only ones making coherent arguments on this thread? Everybody else just keeps popping up with nonsense like plastic gophers in a wac-a-mole game that you try to bop down, but they just keep popping up for no apparent reason.

Quote:
Libs always miss the big picture and focus on "eddy current" issues which mean nothing at all. That is how the dems supported Bill Clinton, who was all for the liberal pet issues, while allowing him to sell out our nation to China. The actions of Clinton during his admin have levied greater damage to America than all of its foreign enemies in the past.

So the rise of the Chinese military, US jobs being sent to China, and a rogue nation that is the cause of the corona virus is all a "gift" from Clinton's actions. Add the fact that Clinton passed on killing Bin Laden X2, essentially allowing 9/11 and the Afghan war, and you have the father of current chaos............ and libs still love him.

Voting these grifters into office has consequences. Now we have the dems poised to install another grafter who has been bought by the Chinese into the Oval Office.

Old 04-18-2020, 03:19 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
It's hardly the first time this has happened, particularly if you live in New England. I remember one year (1995 or 1996) when my town received 18 inches of snow on April fool's day. I called my boss to tell him I wasn't coming in and he said "What? There's only a half inch of snow out there" I told him "maybe where you are, but not where I am." He showed up at my house a few hours later because he hadn't believed me. He apologized and said if he hadn't seen it for himself, he wouldn't have believed it.

There were also many years when we had snow before my birthday (late October). Other years when I would lay in the sun on Thanksgiving Day or St. Patricks Day. It's New England - if you don't like the weather, stick around a minute - it will change!

I'm in South Carolina now. A few years back we got 7 inches of snow in January - the next day it was 70 degrees.

Old 04-18-2020, 03:20 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Woke up this morning to see snow in my backyard. I don’t get it we should be in the 60’s right now. With basically the worlds economies now shut down. The earths climate should be back to normal. So What the hell happened. I know the global warming cults will say it’s only weather....you ignorant denier....you just can’t win with these global warming cults.

Attachment 219590
If only the actual weather would listen to all those smart, educated glowball wormin' promoters....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies