Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 03:37 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times

Advertisements

Your brain doesn't fully develop until age 25. These kids are proof of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 05:56 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,550 times
Why no outrage at the football players and interviewer for failing to practice social distancing? Muh, “blacks have higher incidence of Covid because of racist medical care”

Old 04-18-2020, 06:21 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Why no outrage at the football players and interviewer for failing to practice social distancing? Muh, “blacks have higher incidence of Covid because of racist medical care”
This isn't outrage, it's simply posting a topic like everyone else does here. Plenty of posts are all over the internet filled with problems other people have with blacks just as the one you have mentioned here.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:24 PM

4,513 posts, read 4,039,355 times
This country's in real trouble when actual people's lives are getting destroyed over some hurt feelings.

Btw why are my tax dollars going to institutions that openly violate the first amendment?

Ultimately they are paying the ultimate price not because of what they did, because their film became both viral and influential. Our deep state government machine wants to be the only one who can have influence over culture -

The same thing happened to this black man who bought ice cream that he licked in the store -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/us/bl...rnd/index.html

He bought the ice cream, but because he made a video of it making it look like he put it back on the shelf he will "serve jail time and pay over $2,000 in fines and restitution" because literally - "but the court said his act was costly to the creamery company".

So both there people's lives were destroyed because of the video becoming viral and influential, not the act.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:38 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Probably because they think no one except their circle of friends will see it. We all know that is not true.

On another note, Tik Tok is the reason why I got an adblocker on my phone. I see that decision has paid off well, what a stupid 'platform'.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:44 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
This country's in real trouble when actual people's lives are getting destroyed over some hurt feelings.

Btw why are my tax dollars going to institutions that openly violate the first amendment?

Ultimately they are paying the ultimate price not because of what they did, because their film became both viral and influential. Our deep state government machine wants to be the only one who can have influence over culture -

The same thing happened to this black man who bought ice cream that he licked in the store -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/us/bl...rnd/index.html

He bought the ice cream, but because he made a video of it making it look like he put it back on the shelf he will "serve jail time and pay over $2,000 in fines and restitution" because literally - "but the court said his act was costly to the creamery company".

So both there people's lives were destroyed because of the video becoming viral and influential, not the act.
Perhaps the black man should not have licked the ice cream in the store, kind of like decided not robbing the store at gunpoint or becoming a "babydaddy." Perhaps the white n-worders could simply abstain and find something better to do with their time instead of posting a video for the sole purpose of insult. I sure wouldn't find employment, probably lose all family and friends after posting a video like that, and I would have to accept the consequences.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:51 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Because they likely come from low-class families and cultural backgrounds.
Pretty much. Growing up in rural Arkansas, I know the type. Trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It backfired anyway because they won’t be graduating. They’ve been expelled from the school system. Hope that was worth it...LOL.
It certainly did. I hope making openly racist statements for "likes" on the internet was worth it. Her life may be ruined. The entire country now knows her name and that she calls black people the N-word and is proud of it. She's been expelled from high school and everywhere she goes, people will point at her and shake their heads.

The internet always wins.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:53 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
lol A couple of ignorant kids did something. When its man bites dog then you'd have something.

Since when does a school get to expel a kid over something that didn't happen at school? Those kids have no power or control over anyone. Just more government over reach into running peoples lives.

So school administrators are all over a stupid video where no one is threatened yet they ignore the pleas from students when they say "watch out for that student because he has threatened to shoot up the school". Teach math and leave raising the kids to the parents. THAT is where the responsibility lies.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:54 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Probably because they think no one except their circle of friends will see it. We all know that is not true.

On another note, Tik Tok is the reason why I got an adblocker on my phone. I see that decision has paid off well, what a stupid 'platform'.
What does adblocker have to do with Tiktok?

Old 04-18-2020, 07:14 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post

When you start to ACCEPT a lack of consequence for language that is harmful to certain groups, then you have accepted the fact that those groups shouldn't have a voice, a reaction, or feelings for that matter. But then again, it goes back to white privilege and the dismissive attitude towards people that would rather not be called out of their names or heritage. Which in this case is African American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies