Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 04:35 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times

Advertisements

I don't literally hate people just because they disagree with me.

I hate people when they respond to statements with over-the-top nuclearization of their rants, bullying others and trying to cow them.

I hate people when they blindly throw out a "fact" that is indeed a lie.

I hate people when they think that kind of ranting and gaslighting and equivocating and "the other guy did it, so it's okay" arguments are going to change a single mind.

I hate myself when I fall for some of this crap from time to time and escalate further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 04:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That's a pretty sick ideology you have there, chief. Explains a lot.
Pretty rich for someone like you, who advocate violence against other people just to get their money, to call my nonviolent ideology sick.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:00 PM

413 posts, read 209,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
I don't literally hate people just because they disagree with me.

I hate people when they respond to statements with over-the-top nuclearization of their rants, bullying others and trying to cow them.

I hate people when they blindly throw out a "fact" that is indeed a lie.

I hate people when they think that kind of ranting and gaslighting and equivocating and "the other guy did it, so it's okay" arguments are going to change a single mind.

I hate myself when I fall for some of this crap from time to time and escalate further.
Try love, not hate. I don't hate anyone, no matter how ignorant they may be.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Not dim not stupid
They look at the train schedule and pick the one that will get them closest to their destination
The ones That Are a bit slow are those that throw the schedule in the garbage can and walk it

Old 04-18-2020, 05:08 PM

413 posts, read 209,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Not dim not stupid
They look at the train schedule and pick the one that will get them closest to their destination
The ones That Are a bit slow are those that throw the schedule in the garbage can and walk it
I have no clue what you are saying, but man you sound good saying it.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
Try love, not hate. I don't hate anyone, no matter how ignorant they may be.
Even when they have no problem having you murdered just so that they can get to your money?

Old 04-18-2020, 06:41 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
Lot's of If's there my friend and none of them are happening. Don't forget, we have court systems. For all your fear of what MIGHT happen, it doesn't happen and we have had both parties in control. Trump is an arrogant, self righteous, loud mouth, bully. He is also much much much more liberal in his social policies than is someone like the VP. You and everyone need to separate out the personality & campaigning rhetoric of a politician from the actually policies of a politician...and then factor in the court system.

A case in point. So many people freaking out if Bernie Sanders was to become POTUS. Yes, his policies would be extreme for most people. However they would never happen because of two things. 1) He would have to get all the other politicians to vote in favor of them, which they would not & 2) The court system would block his attempt at everything not allowed by law. There is just no reason to get so upset that your day to day life is a mess over things that are not going to happen.
Bernie is out- but by “different“ president- I meant under a whole different system. He would have to be the independent one. Not republican or Democrat. Oh yes, the courts and the life time judges picked by the potus. Not sure if we could vote them in like state/local judges. In the future - I do believe the whole system will change.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:28 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
We need a parliamentary system where more than 2 parties can participate in the political process and influence decision making.
I'm not saying we have to change the whole system to parliamentary, but I agree that 2 parties can no longer represent the varied flavor of political opinions in America. We need more choices.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I'm not saying we have to change the whole system to parliamentary, but I agree that 2 parties can no longer represent the varied flavor of political opinions in America. We need more choices.
We have a libertarian party but most of you want freedom for yourselves and slavery for others.

That is the problem.

Old 04-19-2020, 03:43 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Pretty rich for someone like you, who advocate violence against other people just to get their money, to call my nonviolent ideology sick.
You know what's sick? Hurling false accusations at people. Show me where I've ever advocated using violence to obtain anything in this forum or admit you're a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies